Author Topic: New Office  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New Office
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sinann -- thank you for your message. It's so good to know that someone else was receiving this message also.

I will definitely report back if it continues after stopping ALL notifications about Apps (I think!).
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 17:29 GMT (UK) »
I used to get that notice when I first got my new laptop but managed to get rid of it, it returned after a recent up date, I'm trying to remember how I got rid of it again.
I know I googled quite a bit about it.
It's not coming to me...
Let us know if turning off the notifications works if not I'll try to remember......

In the Notifications section you may have to scroll down the page to find the actual culprit but some users have reported that they also had to turn off notifications for Skype as well as Office 365.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I checked it out since, I used the instructions from this site https://www.howtogeek.com/226321/how-to-disable-the-%E2%80%9Cget-office%E2%80%9D-notifications-on-windows-10/

When I tried to turn it off in Notifications I couldn't find it and I didn't want to turn all Notifications off so I uninstalled the app instead, the problem with doing that is it can be installed again by an update which is I assume why I got it again, I'll just do the same again if it comes back.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately with all major upgrades to the W10 core many of the system settings are often restored to Microsoft settings and then have to be reset to User preferences.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Just letting you know, as promised - that switching off 'Notifications' - has NOT stopped the 'Welcome to your New Office' invitation appearing.
Places of interest;

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 February 18 11:17 GMT (UK) »
By switching "off" the general "Get notifications from Apps and other senders" you may have actually locked the Office App in the ON position.

Switch the "get notifications" back ON
scroll down the list to find Get Office and switch that off  (and any others you don't want)

If Get Office is not listed here you may have to search your computer for the App and delete it from there

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 February 18 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn,

Thank you --- I have found this website;

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-remove-get-office-windows-10

which seems to be what you are telling me. However I cannot find the individual entry for the Office notifications. As a result I am giving up trying.

Thank you SO very much for your time and for very kindly trying to assist me.
Places of interest;

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 08 February 18 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Click the Windows icon and it brings up a list starting with Most used, down a bit should be the letter A.
Click on the A and you get the alphabet, click on G and Get Office should be on the list that comes up, right click Get Office and uninstall should be one of the choices.
https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 08 February 18 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn,

Thank you --- I have found this website;

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-remove-get-office-windows-10

which seems to be what you are telling me. However I cannot find the individual entry for the Office notifications. As a result I am giving up trying.

Thank you SO very much for your time and for very kindly trying to assist me.

Never Give up, never let the machine win  :P

As Sinann says the easiest way now is to find and delete the "Get Office App" completely - it should be listed under G in your list of Apps rather than O for Office once found right click on it and choose uninstall.