Author Topic: BIRTH RECORD LOOKUP  (Read 1758 times)

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BIRTH RECORD LOOKUP
« on: Tuesday 30 January 18 22:11 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the birth details of THELMA JOAN LANE (1931 - 2008)
I believe that she was born in Warman, Saskatewan, on 3 June 1931, and I would like to find her birth parents or any further details about her.  She married Robert Norman Hull, probably around 1960

Many thanks in advance

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BIRTH RECORD LOOKUP
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Canadian BMDs fall under provincial jurisdiction and their availability is subject to strict privacy laws. This is what is currently available....

http://genealogy.ehealthsask.ca/vsgs_srch.aspx

I was wondering if you had tried to contact her children mentioned in her obit as suggested in your earlier thread?

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Polarbear,  yes - I am in contact with one son who is uninterested - the other son died some years ago.  I can try to get Thelma Joan’s birth certificate.  I am frankly curious because the uninterested son and I have a strong DNA match and I’d like to know where from - I’ve traced the Hulls back to 17th century England with no success, so the link must be elsewhere.

Your help much appreciated,  Joan

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Apologies.....posted in wrong thread so deleted.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 February 18 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Polarbear,  yes - I am in contact with one son who is uninterested - the other son died some years ago.  I can try to get Thelma Joan’s birth certificate.  I am frankly curious because the uninterested son and I have a strong DNA match and I’d like to know where from - I’ve traced the Hulls back to 17th century England with no success, so the link must be elsewhere.
Your help much appreciated,  Joan

If you've a 'strong DNA match' to the son does that not mean he has/had some sort of interest in tracing his family?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 February 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
The son is only interested in his ethnicity.  I've traced his Hull line back to 17th century England and offered him the research, but he's not bothered.  I'm simply curious as the match with him is my 'best' DNA match and is probably at great or great great grandparent level - so should be findable!

I would like to apologise to PolarBear & Eileen Wilson, and maybe others, for repeating a question after they had been so helpful - but couldn't find the old thread! Now thread found and answers carefully recorded.

I can't see any way of locating info on 'Thelma Joan Lane' - despite having her date of birth from ship's Passenger records.  The DNA link may, of course, be via the paternal grandparents, Andrew Leggatt and Margaret Dodds, so I'll chase them up as well - at least they will be outwith privacy rules and I may be able to find them on census info, for example.

Many thanks, everyone.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 February 18 02:08 GMT (UK) »
Some possible clues for you to consider....

1953 voters list for Regina Sask:

Richard C Lane Chairman L. G. B.
Miss Thelma J Lane Student
Miss Mary Lane Spinster

Same place 1963 has Richard C Lane Retired Just him in household

Same street 1945 has Richard C Civil Servant and Mrs Richard C No others in the household...possible children wouldn't be old enough to vote.

Possibly Richard (as R C) with parents in Warman Sask in 1921....

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?app=Census1921&op=img&id=e003223266

R C and parents b. Ontario so avenues to explore there.

Anyway, food for thought.

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 February 18 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to you both - a lead - 2 leads - at last!  Looks Scottish...
Ironically, we live in Scotland, but have little Scottish blood! 

Many thanks again

Joan