Author Topic: The Clark and Talbot families of Wicklow  (Read 2897 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Clark and Talbot families of Wicklow
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 01 February 18 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Seany,
It is difficult. I have only given you names from the records and I did write ‘if these are yours’.
With regard to two Michaels, it is a common occurrence that a later child is named after an earlier deceased child so that could be the case here - if they are the same family.
Lots of ‘ifs’  ;)
Heywood

Very common practice!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 01 February 18 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I've got a mysterious GG Grandmother, Annie Clark. She arrived in Australia from Ireland and married an Prussian man.

On her Marriage cert. It says she was born about 1849, from Wicklow, Ireland. Her parents being Charles Clark, a publican, and Catherine Talbot

I found a baptism for Ann Clark in Blackditches, Wicklow, Ireland 12 Aug 1850 with the parents Chas Clark and Cath Talbott

Sean

Sean... like others I'm getting confused!!

You did not find a baptism for Ann Clark in Blackditches, Wicklow, Ireland 12 Aug 1850 with the parents Chas Clark and Cath Talbott

So, has Ann Clark been found??

Offline Seany

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 February 18 00:24 GMT (UK) »
I think it'll remain an ifuntil I take out Catherine's Marriage cert in Australia.

The information I began with came from her Birth Cert, looking for Charles Clark and Catherine Talbot from Wicklow that had an Annie Clark about 1849. That lead to a finding a certificate of an 1850 certificate for her with the same parents which upon reading the original turns out to be for a John, not a an Ann.

If Annie Clark isn't the 1850 child born in Blackditches. Maybe She's still their child, but hiding on the faded pages of the church papers? but I cant find her. Or maybe she's of another Charles Clark and Catherine Talbot out there in another Wicklow County. It's all so frustrating  ???

It doesn't help that on page 18, there's a chunk missing where I think I can see the Someone born on the 25th or so. Completely faded. I think I read the words Kelly and Clark on that page? Am I seeing things? There are so many Clarkes in that town.
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633353#page/18/mode/1up

I don't know how I can narrow down which part of Ireland she if from if the Marriage cert is my best idea. Wicklow isn't exactly small.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 02 February 18 07:31 GMT (UK) »
https://www.findmypast.ie/  is free until Feb 8th.....

Offline Yram33

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 18 February 23 04:56 GMT (UK) »
As per above - "Annie Clark married a Herman Schauer 1871 in Bendigo, Victoria. She later married another man in 1890 named John Davey Whose marriage cert I haven't seen yet. Ann passed away 1925 in NZ."
Ann Catherine Davey (formerly Schaeur and nee Clark) died in NZ 1925 record 1925/10598