Author Topic: Death Jan. 1859 Bishopwearmouth  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Westee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Jan. 1859 Bishopwearmouth
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 February 18 01:52 GMT (UK) »
In the 1851 census John was in the ecclesiatical parish of St Michaels.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 February 18 08:53 GMT (UK) »
I have since emailed Durham Record Office, and asked about the St Michaels Bishoperwearmouth records as I can't seem to find them anywhere. 

Bishopwearmouth St Michael Parish Records are available on microfilm at Tyne and Wear Archives https://twarchives.org.uk/collection/user-guides-and-information (see 'Parish Registers on Microfilm')
and at Durham County Record Office http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lgb/

I can't see that the parish records are included in the online Durham Bishops transcripts or available via Family Search.

Durham Records Online has the burials at St Michaels up to 1856, so if the person you are interested doesn't show up there, he must be buried elsewhere  :-\
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Westee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Have had no luck with finding him.  I ordered two on the Durham Records Online.  A John Bell buried Feb. 1855 from the workhouse. Aged 67 yrs. No occupation or anything else to give me conclusion either way; but I would say no, it is not him.  Just doesn't fit. He had worked all his life and seemed quite stable in his family life.
The other John Bell buried Sept. 1851 aged 60 yrs at Church St Laurence, Pittington. So definitely not him.
Exasperating to follow him from birth and then not to be able to find his death.