Author Topic: Michael Kelly 54th Foot / 3rd Foot  (Read 656 times)

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Michael Kelly 54th Foot / 3rd Foot
« on: Wednesday 31 January 18 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Would anybody have access to the following Military records, my g.g.grandfather Michael Kelly served in the 54th Foot/3rd Foot he was born in 1840 in Dublin, his service number was 481 (I got this from one set of records that i obtained but there looks to be others with this name and number).

I recently got my g.grandfathers marriage cert and his father Michael is listed as deceased this was in 1905 (Dublin), his mother is listed as Mary Carroll also deceased.  I am looking for information on this branch of the family.

TIA

Researching Shiels/McGrane/Kelly/Carroll/Adamson/McGrane family history

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Kelly 54th Foot / 3rd Foot
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 February 18 17:57 GMT (UK) »
hi..what is the source of your information that he was in the 54th or 3rd foot?

there is a service record on findmypast for Michael Kelly b 1840 Dublin in the 54th foot.
the other records you quote are the 1861 army index,,and the 1871 army index.....basically telling you where he was stationed in those years,

MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 December 18 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi found marriage cert from 1871 to Mary Carroll, in cert it says under residence ditto does this mean she was in the army also?
Researching Shiels/McGrane/Kelly/Carroll/Adamson/McGrane family history

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 December 18 01:03 GMT (UK) »
No, she lived in the same place, it's not very clear but probably the Curragh Camp.