Author Topic: I am looking for the records of Tonyfelin Chapel ,Caerphilly for 1880-1900  (Read 1997 times)

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I am looking for the records of Tonyfelin Chapel ,Caerphilly for 1880-1900
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 February 18 13:15 GMT (UK) »
I will try and contact the incumbent who as it turns out officiated at my father's funeral 50 years ago !!

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 February 18 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Romilly,

I have dug out some information for you to inspect,
Now the Wales v Scotland (Six Nations) match is finished, I have re-visited your Evan Rees and see that we have corresponded previously and have drawn a blank.

I am uncomfortable replying further to your message of 09:25 this morning in this thread/ discussion, as it will possibly introduce a diversion of the direction of the original thread/ discussion.

I would be comfortable to respond further, by you referring me to the earlier thread on Evan Rees, which I am having difficulty in re-discovering.
or by email, or even by Skype, if one or other of the latter, please send me a PM with details.

Edited approximately 17:30 +/-

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 February 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John .
Regarding Tonyfelin.  I have after the match contacted the chapel secretary  who will speak to the  chapel registrar tomorrow . They have a safe full if records  but whether any are from the period I require for my research 1888 to 1901. I will have to wait and see.
Regards Mike

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 03 February 18 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Mike, I'm pleased for your success in making contact with your chapel of interest, I hope you don't have to wait too long for further information.

I currently have a number of projects quietly simmering and am patiently awaiting replies from contacts outside Rootschat.

I wish you well.

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 February 18 17:48 GMT (UK) »

Romilly,
Whilst I can't help you with St Johns, Clydach, there has been a recent change of vicar here in Llangyfelach, I wonder if the new vicar is up to speed with family history research.

If you can indicate what information you are looking for, I'll see if I can help.

JohnG_Swansea

Hi JohnG,

I was merely responding to your message above, and so I have no idea why it would make you uncomfortable.

I've been on Rootschat since 2005, and have always found it a friendly and helpful place.

I have now written to the new Vicar, as per your suggestion, and am hoping that he will respond in time.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Just to say thanks to all, I have got all the info required by me after a visit to the chapel. Thanks
 this topic can now be closed .