Author Topic: Funeral Home dilemma - Thomas BRUGMAN, Dargaville.  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Home dilemma - Thomas BRUGMAN, Dargaville.
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 08:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Twiggy Tree,
I have details of the two female Brugman's and their spouses.
I have also identified living relatives of one of them and have possible contact phone numbers.
I can provide details by PM if required.
It is probably best if the Funeral Director follows up possible links rather than these people being contacted multiple times by researchers.
What do others think?

Wendy

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

I suggest that you go to the top.

I know it’s late and so I keep getting the names all mixed up, but if you go to the link below you will find a team profile on the morris&morris  funeral home site.

There it names [including photo] the man quoted in the stuff article about Hart’s of Dargaville [NZ] with a lonely deceased in their care.

It gives a direct phone number and his direct personal email address for service.

It states that he was UK trained, and not that long in NZ, so possibly not so up to speed with NZ genealogy research, contacts etc. And that he was asked to be the general manager of the company when the proprietor’s wanted to move on, and the Morris & Morris business was bought by an Auckland company.

It also mentions that Hart’s of Dargaville is a subsidiary.

He is the one that went to the press, and he is the one who should be processing the offers of help.

You will find the contacts using the contact that Jannette suggested on Sunday when my error of finding that there were at least two Hart’s of Dargaville trading as funeral homes, around the world was exposed.

When a representative of the company phoned me back, they stated they would phone me back again if they needed assistance to contact / follow through with information posted on RootsChat. I explained that unlike facebook this site does not allow public discussion of the living.

They have not phoned me back. So presumably are happy with where they are at. There could be privacy issues at stake for them too.

This link is an extension to that which Janette supplied when my error was exposed. If it does not work, go to the home site and then click on THE TEAM and then the GM’s MORE profile.

http://morrisandmorris.co.nz/team/

Regards,

Alan.

PS the link works. Click on MORE on the first profile, you will recognise the photo from the STUFF article.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 18:37 GMT (UK) »
I think it is important to note that Thomas was Roman Catholic at least as a child, in case that helps the funeral director et al.
...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline Johnf04

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 23:53 GMT (UK) »
There is an article in today's NZ Herald, about this.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11989555
Farrell  - Ayrshire
Cairns - Ayrshire
McCann - Ayrshire
Brown - Ayrshire
Petty - Yorkshire, Durham
Lucas - Staffordshire, Durham
Whitaker - Yorkshire
Thackrah - Yorkshire
Stephenson - Durham
Marshall - Yorkshire
Walker - Staffordshire, Southland New Zealand
McCullough -  Antrim, Southland New Zealand,
Cavanagh - Galway, Southland New Zealand
Anthony - Tipperary, Southland New Zealand
Bath - Cornwall, Tasmania, Southland
Brungot - Alesund, Norway; Southland
Bonthron - Fifeshire, Southland

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 00:35 GMT (UK) »
One begins to wonder where is the DUE DILIGENCE in all this, and what are we, the public, not being told, when public input is being saught.

Not good PR, when there could be a hint of a hidden agenda.

Alan.

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 03:13 GMT (UK) »
For some background reading here is a webpage about how and why the Dutch came to NZ in the 1950s and 1960s.

http://www.dutch-heritage.co.nz/wave-of-dutch-migration/

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Stop Press.

I have now had a personal email reply from the General Manager of Morris & Morris, [I went to the top] and have been in contact with an Auckland based member, of Perpetual Guardian.

The funeral director advised that the matter is now in the hands of Perpetual Guardian, re the estate of Thomas BRUGMAN, and any one with information that they feel might be of interest should contact the following:

Perpetual Guardian;
General Manager, Personal Client Services 09.909.5146  or
Head of Legal PCS  09.909.5179

I can supply the names of these representitives by Private Message.

Regards,

Alan.

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Just another update from me ...

I am in contact with a Dutch BRUGMAN genealogist who does think he can help connect the dots although presently does not have Thomas in his database.  He did however advise that the surname is as common as Smith!  ;D

Does anyone know if the Dutch imemigration files have been made online (for free!) ?

[I have contacted Perpetual Guardian.]

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 08 February 18 04:19 GMT (UK) »
On a Dutch genealogy website I found a researcher who is tracing this family and have tried to make contact via the website.

If we have the correct family, Thomas's father was one of nine children.

The Openarchive website in English is very helpful (Dutch and Belgium genealogy website).

Twiggytree I have sent you a PM.

Wendy