Author Topic: Elizabeth Turnbull 1822  (Read 768 times)

Offline Catherine Wait

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Turnbull 1822
« on: Friday 02 February 18 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi, please could someone check a baptism - Elizabeth Turnbull Oct 1822 Bellingham.  Illegitimate birth to Barbara Turnbull.  I have transcript from familysearch but would like to confirm residence for Barbara and if there are any sponsors.

Thanks
Catherine
Ridley (Northumberland)
Turnbull (Northumberland))
Hatley (London)
McFadden (Donegal and Tasmania)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Turnbull 1822
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 February 18 15:57 GMT (UK) »
You can access the Bishops Transcripts for Bellingham via the catalog on Familysearch . ( Enter Bellingham in the catalog search box, then select church records and then the Bishops Transcripts. Scroll down and click on the small camera icon.The image you want is no 161).

This is what it says

Oct 30th 1822 Elizabeth Illegitim Dr. of Barbara Turnbull . Abode is given as Longhaugh Shields. (No sponsors but to be honest I would have been surprised if there were).

William

Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Catherine Wait

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Turnbull 1822
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 February 18 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks William, that confirms what I had seen a while ago and couldn't find it again!!!

Thanks for that
Catherine
Ridley (Northumberland)
Turnbull (Northumberland))
Hatley (London)
McFadden (Donegal and Tasmania)