Author Topic: Stuck locating Byrne parents of my great grandfather  (Read 5758 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck locating Byrne parents of my great grandfather
« Reply #27 on: Friday 02 February 18 18:08 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother (daughter of Patrick Byrne the son of Arthur and Elizabeth) is still alive and from her we know for certain that Patrick was born in Ballinglen and that his brothers were Arthur and Denis and sisters were Margaret, Elizabeth and Anne.  I have census, marriage and death records for Patrick that all validate his age which was 20 in 1901 hence born 1881. 

No he wasn't!!

Born April 1879!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 02 February 18 18:09 GMT (UK) »
I don't doubt that you have found the correct Patrick in Kildare and family in Ballinglen
but I wonder why you are adamant to discount the births that match them

Patrick 1879 LINK would make him 21 almost 22 on the date of the census which he may not have filled in; the family he stayed with could have given the information and said about 20
Denis 1883 LINK which makes him 17 at the date of the census
Arthur 1885 LINK which makes him 15 at the date of the census

All show parents as Arthur BYRNE and Elizabeth nee BYRNE which ties to previously given information
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 02 February 18 18:12 GMT (UK) »
I don't doubt that you have found the correct Patrick in Kildare and family in Ballinglen
but I wonder why you are adamant to discount the births that match them

Patrick 1879 LINK would make him 21 almost 22 on the date of the census which he may not have filled in; the family he stayed with could have given the information and said about 20
Denis 1883 LINK which makes him 17 at the date of the census
Arthur 1885 LINK which makes him 15 at the date of the census

All show parents as Arthur BYRNE and Elizabeth nee BYRNE which ties to previously given information

It is there in the post above in Black and White!!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 02 February 18 18:40 GMT (UK) »

Offline ciaranob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 02 February 18 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Don't know how to spell it out more clearly, but you do not appear to be reading my prior responses - these are two different families with Arthur and Elizabeth as parents, one in Ballymanus and one in Ballinglen with different children some with overlapping names - if you read my input you will see that this is simply NOT the same son Patrick. I are 100% positive as to Patrick's age (4 different sources at different ages and all agree) and whilst you keep promoting this other family and their son, I would ask you to read back through the points previously made.  Don't mean to be be ungrateful and do appreciate your time.

My grandmother (daughter of Patrick Byrne the son of Arthur and Elizabeth) is still alive and from her we know for certain that Patrick was born in Ballinglen and that his brothers were Arthur and Denis and sisters were Margaret, Elizabeth and Anne.  I have census, marriage and death records for Patrick that all validate his age which was 20 in 1901 hence born 1881. 

No he wasn't!!

Born April 1879!!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 02 February 18 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Don't know how to spell it out more clearly, but you do not appear to be reading my prior responses - these are two different families with Arthur and Elizabeth as parents, one in Ballymanus and one in Ballinglen with different children some with overlapping names - if you read my input you will see that this is simply NOT the same son Patrick. I are 100% positive as to Patrick's age (4 different sources at different ages and all agree) and whilst you keep promoting this other family and their son, I would ask you to read back through the points previously made.  Don't mean to be be ungrateful and do appreciate your time.

No he wasn't!!

Born April 1879!!

Why don't you post the Certs for daughters Margaret, Elizabeth and Anne?? See what their Certs say....

Offline ciaranob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 02 February 18 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps this helps in understanding why I believe that we are discussing two separate couples i.e. why the 1871 marriage record of an Arthur and Elizabeth (Ballymanus) cannot be the same as my confirmed Arthur and Elizabeth (Ballinglen) in the 1901 census:

Elizabeth Byrne in the 1901 census in Ballinglen is 40 years old - thus born in 1861.

If you want to make these 2 couples actually the same couple (despite having different children!), then you are saying that Elizabeth was born 1861 and married 1871 at age 10!  Even arguing for some age error this is simply improbable at best.

PS: again as mentioned previously, I do not as yet have certificates on the sisters - my grandmother (living) does recall them all and provided their names.

No he wasn't!!

Born April 1879!!

Why don't you post the Certs for daughters Margaret, Elizabeth and Anne?? See what their Certs say....

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 03 February 18 04:47 GMT (UK) »
- Arthur died in 1907 (from a probate record recording his death in Ballinglen....

.....could not even find Elizabeth in 1911 census and suspect she may have either remarried or perhaps even emigrated - no idea - so also a dead end so far.

Arthur was already a widower when he died.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1907/05532/4560823.pdf

Elizabeth's death in 1905:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1905/05595/4572769.pdf

Her age appears to be problematic for her family.

Debra  :)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 03 February 18 07:15 GMT (UK) »
- Arthur died in 1907 (from a probate record recording his death in Ballinglen....

.....could not even find Elizabeth in 1911 census and suspect she may have either remarried or perhaps even emigrated - no idea - so also a dead end so far.

Arthur was already a widower when he died.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1907/05532/4560823.pdf

Elizabeth's death in 1905:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1905/05595/4572769.pdf

Her age appears to be problematic for her family.

Debra  :)

Of course it is. she aged 23 years in 4 years!

Getting the Birth  Certs for all children, their Marriages if any, the Death Certs is the way to go.

by 1901 some children had left home, how old were they??