Author Topic: Seeking Sargeant Major Russell  (Read 1824 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seeking Sargeant Major Russell
« on: Friday 02 February 18 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me, I have Robert WB Russell b1877 in Glasgow, moved with his wife to Dublin. He was in the army & may have been stationed in Dublin, possibly at Collin Barracks, I am told he was a Sargeant Major(?) His wife & family lived in Dublin, their names are Maggie S Russell nee Hamilton & daughter Ellen.
Is there anyway I can find out where in Dublin Robert was? Also where in Dublin Maggie was? I am told that Maggie & Ellen came to Dublin between 1924 - 1930 (which is what I am also trying to confirm).
Thanks
Regards Trish

Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Sargeant Major Russell
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 February 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lgo/  gets you  Birth, Marriage and Death results for Russell of Dublin from 1920 to 1995   Displaying results 1 - 100 of 691.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lgp/  gets you Death results for Robert Russell from 1920 to 1995
Displaying results 1 - 19 of 19.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 February 18 21:23 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry, I am not seeking their marriage, as I already have that information, I sorry if I haven't  made it clear. I am looking for info on the Barracks in Dublin, if Robert Russell was there during period 1921-1930 (or 1956).And if Maggie & Ellen were living in Dublin? Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 February 18 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Robert would need to be in the Irish Army to be in a barracks after 1922.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 February 18 22:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry, I am not seeking their marriage, as I already have that information, I sorry if I haven't  made it clear. I am looking for info on the Barracks in Dublin, if Robert Russell was there during period 1921-1930 (or 1956).And if Maggie & Ellen were living in Dublin? Regards Trish

Yes I know that!!

Did they die in Ireland?
Did daughter marry in Ireland??

That is why I only posted stuff from 1920!!

As in http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lgp/  gets you Death results for Robert Russell from 1920 to 1995

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lgo/  gets you  Birth, Marriage and Death results for Russell of Dublin from 1920 to 1995 for Wife;s Death and Daughter's marriage or Death!!

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 February 18 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish,
Was the W B = Welsh Bissett?
Maggsie

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 February 18 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Robert Welsh Bissett Russell!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 03 February 18 14:55 GMT (UK) »
I didn't read all those threads but from what I did read, it looks like.
Robert was in the Irish Guards a British Army Regiment so he won't have been stationed in Ireland after 1922.
His wife and at least two of his children spent a short time in Ireland in the 1920s.

They could possibly be in the 1926 census but that won't be released until 2027.