Author Topic: Lidcombe Home / Rookwood State Hospital, Sydney.  (Read 306 times)

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lidcombe Home / Rookwood State Hospital, Sydney.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn,
I think she said "copy" of Original death cert, which I took to mean a copy that  you obtain from BDM, maybe I  heard the expression incorrectly, as I always call any cert I get from BDM Registry a"copy" of the original cert. Without the certificate they cannot change the spelling on the online search.
Years ago I had a similar situation with a burial in the Independant Section at Rookwood, we found the Burial in the Big Old Handwritten ledges, it looked like MOX, rather than the correct COX. As I has had purchased a copy of the death cert from BDM the ladies in the office photocopied the cert, and amended their online search.

Anyhow after a long search I have found where the poor old Sam Pitman is buried without having to purchase a cert. I am very happy.  The lady I spoke to yesterday was very helpful,

Cass

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
Re: Lidcombe Home / Rookwood State Hospital, Sydney.
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 February 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Cass

I'm so glad you found Sam Pitman.  It really does ease your mind help to know ones final resting place.

I still haven't heard anything from anyone yet re the records.

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.