Author Topic: Lidcombe Home / Rookwood State Hospital, Sydney.  (Read 3218 times)

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lidcombe Home / Rookwood State Hospital, Sydney.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn,
I think she said "copy" of Original death cert, which I took to mean a copy that  you obtain from BDM, maybe I  heard the expression incorrectly, as I always call any cert I get from BDM Registry a"copy" of the original cert. Without the certificate they cannot change the spelling on the online search.
Years ago I had a similar situation with a burial in the Independant Section at Rookwood, we found the Burial in the Big Old Handwritten ledges, it looked like MOX, rather than the correct COX. As I has had purchased a copy of the death cert from BDM the ladies in the office photocopied the cert, and amended their online search.

Anyhow after a long search I have found where the poor old Sam Pitman is buried without having to purchase a cert. I am very happy.  The lady I spoke to yesterday was very helpful,

Cass

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
Re: Lidcombe Home / Rookwood State Hospital, Sydney.
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 February 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Cass

I'm so glad you found Sam Pitman.  It really does ease your mind help to know ones final resting place.

I still haven't heard anything from anyone yet re the records.

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England