Author Topic: Susan Mary Flynn  (Read 5934 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Susan Mary Flynn
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Well that seems to fit. How sad.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 17:37 GMT (UK) »
That seems to be good evidence - giving names which we know married etc.

As I said earlier, I wondered if the child was not Stephen’s which resulted in Susan being shunned by her own and the Flood family  :-\
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Magh Itha

• RootsChat Member
  • Quinn of Convoy and related families
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Why would a girl around 20 years marry a man around 60 years, there must be a story there.
The marriage was in 1905 and the child was born in 1907. So clearly it was not as a consequence of that child. Might there have been an earlier miscarriage?

A man in his 60's can clearly beget a child but it is uncommon. It has occurred to me that the child born in 1907 was not his child and that that could be an explanation as to why the child was given away.

We just do not know yet.

The child born in 1907 went on to have four children all out of wedlock, three of whom were given away and knew nothing about her. What I have been told about her to date is very negative.

B whom I am seeking to help had a most difficult early life and it serves no purpose to consider the detail of such.

At 70 years he is happily married with children and grandchildren, but living with an emptiness as to his background. Some solid information as to his family history means a great deal to him.

I came on board because he tested as part of a DNA Project that I administer.
Quinn (Donegal); McLaughlin, Doherty (Big Hill, Corney, Dubh, Lenan, Meenkeragh, Mor, Ownes, Roe, Druminderry.), Barr, Granny  (Buncrana);  Bonar (Convoy); McGlynn (Burnfoot); McFadden (St Johnston); Hamilton (Raphoe); Houston (Meenbane, Donegal); Eames (Kinlough, Leitrim); Murray and Henry (Westport, Mayo); Hasson (Derry); Eames (Leitrim); Farrell (Lanesboro) Scally (Gallagh, Roscommon); Casserly (Garranstown, Roscommon): Brennan and Hyland (Rathcline, Longford); Hopkins (Cashel, Longford

Offline Magh Itha

• RootsChat Member
  • Quinn of Convoy and related families
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 17 February 18 19:58 GMT (UK) »
The Birth Registration
Quinn (Donegal); McLaughlin, Doherty (Big Hill, Corney, Dubh, Lenan, Meenkeragh, Mor, Ownes, Roe, Druminderry.), Barr, Granny  (Buncrana);  Bonar (Convoy); McGlynn (Burnfoot); McFadden (St Johnston); Hamilton (Raphoe); Houston (Meenbane, Donegal); Eames (Kinlough, Leitrim); Murray and Henry (Westport, Mayo); Hasson (Derry); Eames (Leitrim); Farrell (Lanesboro) Scally (Gallagh, Roscommon); Casserly (Garranstown, Roscommon): Brennan and Hyland (Rathcline, Longford); Hopkins (Cashel, Longford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 17 February 18 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Well, father's name clearly Stephen Flood (as we thought) but wonder if address listed for mother would help trace any family of hers there?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!