Author Topic: Need to quickly find a free photo programme to create a Collage.  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
Need to quickly find a free photo programme to create a Collage.
« on: Saturday 03 February 18 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm trying to find a free photo programme  online which will allow me to create a photo Collage for a friend as a surprise.
I used to use Picassa which is no longer available - it was a great easy programme to use and I could do with a similar one now - I've only got one  day left in get the collage completed.
I downloaded/installed Paint.net this afternnon but could not figure out how to create a Collage, I found it complicated compared to Picasa.

Can anyone steer me towards a really simple free photo editor please?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers

Barbara.
Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need to quickly find a free photo programme to create a Collage.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 February 18 19:15 GMT (UK) »
You could try "Gimp" Barbara....it's free but I haven't used it but worth a try.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 February 18 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Plenty online.... https://www.befunky.com/features/collage-maker/  for example.

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 February 18 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Maybe we were too late with our suggestions Hallmark  ::)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 February 18 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Treetotal & Hallmark for your helpful replies.

Got overtaken by family events today so my plan to assemble a collage for my friend went by the board!!

Went and looked at Gimp, Carol, late last night but thought I wouldn't be able to get the hang of it soon enough, and then trawled quickly thru the online options  (linked by Hallmark) which also looked good but unfortunately I just didn't have time to explore all those on offer.

Have given my friend a card for the occasion tomorrow and I've decided that I'll allow myself a bit more time this week to explore the Collage options and hopefully produce a collage as a surprise for her at a later date.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help me.

Barbara.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 13:04 GMT (UK) »
As you speak of Picasa in the past tense I presume you have either deleted it from your system or have a new computer without it - Picasa still works perfectly although no longer supported by Google and it can be downloaded from Filehippo.com - or if you wish I can put the set up file in my dropbox space and send you a link via PM to download it from there.

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Falkryn,

Thanks very much for letting me know that it's still possible to get Picasa. As you guessed, I had to buy a new PC last August so I lost Picasa then. I really miss it because I used to do all collages on it - it was so easy to use.

My new PC obviously came with Windows 10 so I'm wondering if I'll be able to use Picasa on it.

Cheers

Barbara.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Just being nosy here, and have hardly any techy knowledge, however I was really touched by Falkyrn. How very kind.  :-*

I googled "is Picasa compatible with Windows 10?" and a whole range of help articles come up, e.g. : https://windowsreport.com/picasa-windows-10/
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.