Author Topic: Juanita Christina Brett & Mary Christina Brett - are they the same?  (Read 3687 times)

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Juanita Christina Brett & Mary Christina Brett - are they the same?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you - I think I have discounted Mary Christine marrying Whybrow - I will look into COnsadine marriage.  The parents on the death certificate of Mary Whybrow are incorrect - her parents are clearly Charles Brett and Madeline Dennan.

Does everyone believe also that Mary is Juanita - can ANYONE find Juanita Christina Brett?

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 11:03 GMT (UK) »
BTW  for ANdrew Evan Thompson (Mary's half brother)  99 Causeway was the Capital Hill Hotel which I believe was a place where migrants and itinerant workers used to stay.  It was, by all accounts, a pretty hostile place.  I could not find Mary or Juanita there as the same time

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Wivenhoe.
There are no adoption records - when we wrote to the Supreme Court, they said they were 'lost' - so we have both hospital birth records and adoption records lost........ seems very unfortunate.
However, I do have a copy of some paperwork so she was definitely adopted legally.

Yes, you have the correct Boland family.

We don't know where the baby was during the interim period - I had a bit of a personal theory as this seemed to coincide with the period of Juanita existing on electoral rolls - so I wondered if either she hung around Sydney to be near the baby if it was in an institution, or she and the baby were together during that time and then when she was adopted, she left, or went back to her own name, etc.

This all coincides with the Depression years and also War years - but we have not been able to find any solution there.

Also, although the Nurses Registration records are only now become more available, I am unable to find any nurse Brett or Thompson or Dennan to match - Juanita was listed as a nurse on electoral rolls.  I did trawl through the Microfiches at State Records with no luck. 

I found a Thank You Nurse Brett notice in Trove for many years later - but it was brief and gave no clues and might not have been anything to do with our person.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 22:51 GMT (UK) »
nursing ... perhaps trained in NZ ...

1930 birth cert ... still in closed to public access .... but if you have it did Juanita sign it and compare signature to MAry ...

NSW birth certs often give details of older siblings .... was Mary 1907 the youngest ? if not have you obtained the youngest and looked at sibling list for Juanita by that name?

J.M
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 06 December 20 15:00 GMT (UK) »
HI All, Still stuck at this point if anyone is interested in taking up the search.

Mary Christina Brett or Juanita Christina Brett
Or she could have taken Thompson as her last name (mother's 2nd husband)
Or she could have taken Dennan as her last name (mother's maiden)  We have seen all of the above at various times.  But no record for ANY of those names after 1934.

Help!!!.................