Author Topic: Juanita Christina Brett & Mary Christina Brett - are they the same?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Juanita Christina Brett & Mary Christina Brett - are they the same?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 February 18 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank Matthew - I did drive by that Stonehaven address and it is a now a block of units -there is reference to Stonehaven possibly being a private hospital back in the day (though not confirmed) so I wondered if she worked there as a nurse - or was she a patient there as this coincides with the years after the baby's birth and immediately before she 'disappears'
We have looked  for her dying, going to NZ, marrying, moving interstate, going to War - nothing has come up, but then again, we may have missed it.
I think the Benett is actually a misprint - if you write Brett by longhand, you can possibly see Benett so I think this is the same person.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 February 18 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Do you have death certificates for her parents to see how she was named.......Juanita / Mary.........and how she was named when mother Madeline THOMPSON died.

Where and when was baby Barbara born.

Where and when was the birth registered.

Can you scan the birth certificate and post here for us to see.

Do you have the adoption file.

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 February 18 01:34 GMT (UK) »
1931 'Advertising', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 20 June, p. 21. , viewed 05 Feb 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article16787303

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 February 18 01:53 GMT (UK) »
thankyou for this confirmation

have you looked for the 1928 electoral roll entries ?

Dear All,
Be assured - the woman who was the baby has died and she gave permission to her grand-daughter (in writing) to search after her death for the family origins.  She did not search during her lifetime as she did not want to upset her adopted parents in any way.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 February 18 06:04 GMT (UK) »
If she is still living, she would be 110 years old ??? ??? ???  (Born 1907 not 1930)

Not impossible, but she would probably have been in the news somewhere because of that age ??? ???

Dawn M

Please read the opening post as it clearly names a baby born 1930 and adopted at nine months. 
JM

Well I'm confused.  I read it as the OP is looking for info on Juanita born 1907 ??? ???

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 05 February 18 07:32 GMT (UK) »
Is this the right Madeline THOMPSON?
Death: 9745/1940 Madeline THOMPSON; Father-Denman; Mother-Marie; Katoomba
Death notice: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17691705
THOMPSON - June 8 1940 at the Anzac Memorial Hospital Katoomba, Madeline Thompson late of Katoomba dearly loved mother of Hedley, Gordon, Athol, Christinia and Evan aged 63 years. R.I.P.
Funeral notice: Catholic Cemetery Katoomba https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17691692

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 05 February 18 14:23 GMT (UK) »
ACT death:
20003253 THOMPSON, ANDREW EVAN, dod 25/6/60            
50006147 THOMPSON, Andrew Evan, dod 25/6/60, Father-THOMPSON, Peter Evan; Mother-THOMPSON, Marlene
https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/ci/fattach/get/193575/1517795001/redirect/1/filename/Historic+death+index.xls
https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/ci/fattach/get/193576/1517795090/redirect/1/filename/Historic+death+index.pdf

naa.gov.au
THOMPSON ANDREW EVAN : Service Number - N104925 : Date of birth - 23 Jan 1918 : Place of birth - BATHURST NSW : Place of enlistment - PADDINGTON NSW : Next of Kin - BRETT CHARLES
Contents date range: 1939 - 1948

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 05 February 18 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Lots of questions - all are correct:
I am looking for Juanita Christina Brett, the mother of a baby Barbara (renamed after Adoption) born in 1930. 
I have assumed Juanita Christina is Mary Christina but theoretically, I am looking for any references to either of them - both have disappeared in documentation around the same time, if that makes sense.

Andrew Evan Thompson is Mary Christina Brett's half brother as her mother Madeline Dennan married Peter Evans Thompson after the death of her first husband Charles Brett.

Madeline Dennan-Brett-Thompson did die in Katoomba so you have the right one.   Mary Christina is mentioned in the death notice  (did she go to the Funeral?  I think I saw at one time an electoral roll reference to her and/or Andrew Evans Thompson staying at the Carrington Hotel in Katoomba around this time but can't find it again)

Baby Barbara Brett was born to Juanita Christina Brett - father is blank.
No, I don't have the Adoption record - the Supreme Court say they can't find it.
No, I don't have the Medical record of mother's admission to Royal Woman's Hospital in Paddington - they say they can not find the record.  How awfully disappointing and mildly suspicious that both have gone missing.

Moderator comment: full certificate removed. Small portions only are allowed for deciphering purposes

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 05 February 18 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Moderator comment: full certificate removed. Small portions only are allowed for deciphering purposes