Author Topic: Avarina James burial site  (Read 3851 times)

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Avarina James burial site
« on: Sunday 04 February 18 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Not been on here in a long time, so please don’t shout at me if I’m on the wrong forum (somebody did this once!).

I’m looking fir information on how to locate a grave. My great great grandmother died around 1884, aged 30. She was from Llanbardan Fawr I believe. The grave may no longer be there but a lot of the family come from this area and I may head downnfur a visit to check the place out. Would love to locate her grave if possible.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Avarina James burial site
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 February 18 19:33 GMT (UK) »
her death was registered in her married name of Warrington

Avarina Warrington 30 sep qtr 1884 Aberystwyth vol 11b pg 39

You can search Aberystwyth Cemetery burials here

https://forms.ceredigion.gov.uk/ufs/DHPW_CEMETERY_SEARCH.eb?PARAM_ADMIN_IND=N&ebd=0&ebz=3_1517771424812
no sign of your Avarina

There's an entry for her in the NBI noted as buried in Llanbadarn Fawr churchyard 16 July 1884, but her name doesn't appear in the memorials, so an unmarked grave.
http://www.llanbadarnchurchyard.org.uk/Section%20A.htm
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 February 18 21:02 GMT (UK) »
That’s great, thank you. Well at least I know where she is. I did look on the bni but it didn’t come up with anything.

Next thing is to try and find out who her father is!! Unregistered on her birth certificate. The tale goes that she was fathered by her mother’s rich employer. Any ideas where to go on that?! 💡🤷🏻‍♀️

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 February 18 22:02 GMT (UK) »
what address is given for her mother on the birth certificate? If you can find where she lived and worked it may help.

Have you found a baptism for Avarina?
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline willyam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 February 18 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Jacqueline,

Although this may not help directly with regard to Avarina's place of burial - there is (in Welsh Newspapers Online) a death notice for her in the Cambrian News issue of 18th July 1884.

This records her place of death as Waunfawr, Aberystwyth and her date of death as 11th July 1884.

Perhaps more usefully, the notice also describes her as the wife of David Lloyd Warrington - a Plasterer.

However, whilst I had initially thought you might be able to research his death to see if he was buried with his wife, a further search for "David-Warrington" reveals no less than 25 results - which collectively paint a rather dismal portrait of his life. Regretfully, these do also seem to point towards an unmarked grave for Avarina.

Additionally the latest dated of these, from 14th July 1916, seems to place him in Crewe.

Willyam

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

That’s great stuff. It definitely sounds like her. Her husband David Warrington did go to Crewe and married again. He died in 1938 I believe.

I am hoping to head down to Aberystwyth on Monday to speak to somebody. Thanks for your input.

Jacqueline

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

With regards to her address, it just says Wainfawr, Vainor Lower. Her mother was Mary James and her parents were Avarina and John Janes.

Unfortunately I don’t have an address of Mary’s place of work but I have been told that she was a result of a liaison with a wealthy landowner.  My cousin has noted that the gentry in the area of Llanbardan Fawr at that time we’re a family called Richards, but we’ve no idea if there is a connection there or not.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

Offline Tannie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 12:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqueline,

I don't have any info to offer but am responding as my partner, Michael, is also descended from Avarina Warrington (through her daughter Mary Anne).

We have only just started research so I'm hoping you won't mind if I 'borrow' the info in this thread!!!

Thanks in anticipation  :)

Tanya (& Mick)

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 March 18 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya,

That’s absolutely fine! I am on ancestry.com if you want to look on there. I have more info. I am also a descendant of Mary Ann, I am Edith’s granddaughter. Is Michael the son of a Tydfil by any chance?

Jacqueline 😀