Author Topic: Surname is Carter Malpas, Cheshire.  (Read 673 times)

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Surname is Carter Malpas, Cheshire.
« on: Sunday 04 February 18 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi all  :)

I have just rescued from the rubbish bin where I volunteer,  three little books, they appear to be belonging to a young lady from the title location, they are as follows,

a little autograph book containing snippets from papers, autographs, " Jean Harlow M.G.M." , William Powell, Robert Young,  Greta Garbo, Robert Taylor, also there is a lot of personal musings and poems as you may find in a scrap book,

also two cigarette card albums, one of them is a wills card collection of hollywood stars, the other is our King and Queen, I cannot tell the name of the album book as it it wrapped in brown paper and I do not want to damage it,

I would love to try and return these items to the people they belong to but as the date given is 31/4/38, that puts them as still living,  I have the full name and address of the lady, also that of  her best friends name and address,  the only clue i can give is that the Surname is Carter,

If you are from this area and you have that Surname P.M. me. and I will give you a bit more,

Pete :) :)

Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /