Author Topic: 1931 electoral lists organise organise.waikato  (Read 661 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1931 electoral lists organise organise.waikato
« on: Tuesday 06 February 18 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for a list of persons in the Hunga Hunga area 1931'i believe it is in the Waikato area thank you.  Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
Re: 1931 electoral lists organise organise.waikato
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have asked for this to be moved to the Main Board, as you have posted on the Resources Board.

Do you have names for us?

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: 1931 electoral lists. Te aroha West. waikato
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you. I am just going to look through them and see if any names jump out. This was why I wanted to look at any available lists fred ps.i will do some more research and be more specific with area.
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

If you have a subscription to Ancestry, the Electoral Rolls are on there, if not, you can search the microfiche Electoral Rolls that are held in the major libraries.   

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 February 18 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Although a Waikato resident all my life, and done research on Estates and early Drainage Boards, the name Hunga Hunga had no significence to me, previous to reading your post.

Google did not help me, but Papers Past did. Referring the the 1800's Hunga Hunga Estate, Elstow Te Aroha.

If you have not done a PapersPast search I suggest it might be productive, as there are some 400 hits.

Tip; Set your search to 'Hunga hunga' [exact wordsphrasesults can be further refined by limiting the range of years you are searching. The hits available are up to the year 1945. The word Hunga will get you thousands of hits otherwise. Also I like to nominate the date order option, and then 100 per page option.

Alan.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers?action=index&controller=formats&end_date=31-12-1949&format_code=newspapers&items_per_page=100&phrase=2&query=Hunga+hunga&sort_by=byDA&start_date=01-01-1839&title=ALG%2CAS%2CDSC%2CKWE%2CNZH%2CNZ%2CTO%2CPWT%2CROTWKG%2CKCC%2COG%2CPAKIOM%2CTAN%2CTHA%2CTHS%2CWHDT%2CWAIGUS%2CWAIKIN%2CWT
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.