Author Topic: Non named parents and runaway Dads  (Read 919 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Non named parents and runaway Dads
« on: Tuesday 06 February 18 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Just been running through one or two posts on here..   ::) as we all do ... I think

One particular post regarding this kind of  subject.. gave me food for thought -

Will this kind of thing (runaway Dads - Moms naming wrong Dad etc )    be 'Impossible' in the Future......?!  due to the wonderful  :-\ :-X ::) DNA databases or chips we are possibly going to be born into or with?    Will we (if not already) be written into some wonderful computer programme...

I have just filled a form out for my Docs to enable access to my records... wow  --- wonder what 'truths'  I will find on there...

Just a thought.

Xin

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Non named parents and runaway Dads
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 13:27 GMT (UK) »
I have just filled a form out for my Docs to enable access to my records... wow  --- wonder what 'truths'  I will find on there.

If it's anything like the records we're allowed to access from our surgery, it will consist of the vaccinations you've had over the past few years and any medication you have had, or have on repeat.  Nothing else is available.  Next time I go to the GP I'll ask why.

It doesn't matter to me because I've seen my records, I used to work at a GP surgery where I was a patient, putting all the patients' records onto the computer, including my own and my husband's.  There wasn't anything that I didn't already know and as a "model" patient  ::) there weren't any snide comments from GPs either.

The only thing I've noticed is that nowadays hospitals send patients copies of any letters they send to their GP, so you have exactly the same info as your GP.  I don't know whether this is all hospitals, or just the ones I've been (un)fortunate to visit.