Author Topic: Ralph Fraser’s children :  (Read 4335 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Ralph Fraser’s children :
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul     

Welcome to Rootschat !     

You posted "they had a daughter Mary Ann Dearlove B 1854 D 1854. then son Ralph Fraser Dearlove b1854-d 1865 died measles Croydon Industrial Childrens Home. ( parents unknown)."     

What do you mean by "Parents unknown" ? Would you expand?     

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Paul Dearlove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Ray: I have a copy of Ralph Fraser Dearlove death certificate.  On it  the box for parents is marked "unknown" By 1864 Frasers death, John Dearlove my GGGrandfather was already in Canada, with his son John from his first marriage.  I don't know what happened to Mary Emma Williams for her not to be recorded on his death certificate. Paul

Moderator comment: full certificate removed, small portions only are allowed for deciphering purposes

Offline Paul Dearlove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 27 November 21 18:09 GMT (UK) »
It seems that Ralph Frasers mother died in April of 1864, and therefore his
 parents were "unknown"  John in Canada, Mary Williams- deceased. Poor Ralph Fraser.

Offline Iain...

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 28 November 21 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Paul…
Lol…, it’s been a long time since I read this post and I’m pleased to get back to it.  Just as a matter of interest, (don’t remember if I already mentioned it) but I am writing a book about Ralph.  Or I should say, about his Light Company at Waterloo.  I served in the same Company. (Scots Guards)   My last year’s Vol-1 was a disaster, simply because I am discovering new things on a near-monthly basis, despite the 200-years of research.  Vol-1 was out-of-date even before it arrived in Belgium.  The 500 books are now gathering dust in my workshop.  Vol-2 is programmed for summer next year.

A few years back, I created a family tree for Ralph, and using the ‘hint’ system, your name popped up.  Please may I ask what Ancestry has you down as, as a family member in relation to Ralph ?

Thanks…, Iain.

PS  For your interest.  The painting I used as an Ancestry avatar is all wrong. 
This painting used to be in my old Sgt’s Mess at Wellington Barracks. (that's RHQ for five Regiments of Foot Guards)  It has since been transferred to the Officer’s Mess 1st Battalion Scots Guards.  Among my many discoveries, Col. Cubières was riding a white horse, not chestnut brown.  Cubières was captured in the evening and he spent about a year in a Bruxelles prison.  Unlike the traditional French prisoners who were transported to Dartmoor…,
https://ageofrevolution.org/200-object/dartmoor-prison-and-english-barracks/
Officers were usually allowed to remain in Belgium…, making it easier for their families to pay ransom money. 
During his stay, he wrote many letters home and in one letter, he mentioned that his horse was shot. (not stabbed by Fraser’s halberd as depicted in the painting)  As such, this eliminates the fantasy stories written by some historians, saying that Ralph rode the horse back into the Hougoumont farm. (some of these celebrity-historians should have known better)
McArthur - Campbeltown and Tiree Scotland
Black - Campbeltown Scotland - Rathlin Ireland
MacFarlane - Tiree
Wood / Boorman / Gimber / Lee... KENT
Dennett / Mase / Varrier /  Over... KENT

Offline Iain...

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 28 November 21 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul...

I've just been looking through some of the links to Ralph and realized that I hadn't turned the page concerning his will.

Now I'm really confused.

I also see you did the same thing as your Ancestry entry doesn't have the second page indicated with the name Dearlove. 
MacFarlane - Tiree

Offline Paul Dearlove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 28 November 21 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello- Good to see you ( and me) back on the research.  Ralph Fraser is " husband of aunt of wife of 3rd Great Grandfather"   and Ralph Fraser Dearlove is my 2nd Great Grand Uncle.  I do have the back page of the probate listing Mary Williams Dearlove ( her husband John Dearlove left her about 1857 and immigrated to Canada with a son John from a 1st marriage), leaving Ralph and Mary alone.

Offline Iain...

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 29 November 21 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul…   Very interesting.

Concerning Mary Ann Emma Williams, I believe her death in 1864 was not “West London,” but West Street, London.  This was the same building where Ralph died.
Years ago I had a look, but the old building had been replaced. 

It’s amazing the photo you have of John Dearlove b1848.  When I think about it, when he was 10-years old, he had obviously spoken with Ralph.  Ralph died 5-years after.   

Stay safe…, Iain. 
MacFarlane - Tiree