Author Topic: Thomas Perry  (Read 621 times)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thomas Perry
« on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Can someone find out for me who in 1939 was living in Charnwood, Blackpool C.B. Lancs.
I have been to the FindMyPast website and been into the 1939 register and got this:

Thomas Perry b. 1873. tailor married.....schedule 192  sub number 4

Nellie Pearson b. 1888. Tailoress married.......Sch. 192  sub No 1

This Nellie was the one who was my grt grandfathers mistress  (Thomas). By 1939 Thomas's wife had left him and was in NZ. but they remained married, that was true.
Nellie was not married to any of the men she lived with in between Thomas, so that was a fib.

Were they pretending to be married to each other??

This record states there were two others who were closed records. I suspect it was their two children, Mary and Stanley. Yes I could get the records opened but it is such a rigmaroll so was hoping someone might know where to look and find out for me which of course would be greatly appreciated. The address was 144 Midgeland Rd, Blackpool. I am looking for the full household.

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Perry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Can't help with your actual query but I can take a photo of 144 Midgeland Rd for you as I only live a few minutes drive from it. 

Midgeland Rd is split into 2 parts separated by a main road.  Unfortunately - at the moment, both parts are only accessible one way due to extensive road works that have been going on since last year so it will depend whether I am able to park up to take a photo.  Will let you know in the next couple of days
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:54 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure what you are talking about.  If you are looking for a check of another source such as an electoral roll, you do realise that the children will not appear until after they reached the voting age of 21.  There were no elections held during the war years.

Debra  :)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Can't help with your actual query but I can take a photo of 144 Midgeland Rd for you as I only live a few minutes drive from it. 

Midgeland Rd is split into 2 parts separated by a main road.  Unfortunately - at the moment, both parts are only accessible one way due to extensive road works that have been going on since last year so it will depend whether I am able to park up to take a photo.  Will let you know in the next couple of days

Thank you for your offer, however as you know in genealogy info can come in many years after you have thought you have all you can get as is in my situation. Yes I do have a pic of the road and I have also been on google earth and walked down the street. That doesn't mean I am not appreciative of your kind offer. Thank you

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 02:47 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for your kind offer, however as you probably know in genealogy information can come long after you think you have all you can get as is in my case. Yes I do have a pic of the road in question and also looked at it on google earth a year or so back.

popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 03:01 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure what you are talking about.  If you are looking for a check of another source such as an electoral roll, you do realise that the children will not appear until after they reached the voting age of 21.  There were no elections held during the war years.

Debra  :)

Yes I was looking for another source however it might pay me to look for the first electoral rolls after the war to see where they were. Thank you for your answer.
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 February 18 22:44 GMT (UK) »
carrying on with my Thomas. Since being on here last I have managed to get from the British Library the info I had wanted from the 1939 register that stated that I would have to apply to get the household transcript opened. The people there were the people I thought would be bar one. I am going to try and find out more on this person but if not I will be back. This is just to say a big thank you for all the help and advise I have received since joining this group.

Popsit
Be good to your Mum