Author Topic: Mary Ann Catron (nee Marshall) - more info sought re death 1921  (Read 1377 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Catron (nee Marshall) - more info sought re death 1921
« on: Wednesday 07 February 18 10:09 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking any death information such as the date of death, burial place, death notices etc of Mary Ann Catron, who was the sister of my Great x 2 Grandmother Elizabeth Young nee Marshall.

Mary Ann died in the June quarter of 1921 registration district Guisborough.
She was the wife of Michael Catron.  They had married at Christ Church in Dunston on 6 April 1878.  For the benefit of others who may also be researching my ancestor Mary Ann Catron nee Marshall she was the daughter of Ralph Marshall (a blacksmith) and Isabella Atkinson.  Mary Ann was baptized at St Mary the Virgin, Morpeth on 27 September 1857.

I have found that some of Mary Ann's children were baptized at St Margaret Brotton.
In 1911 it appears she was living at 6 East Parade in Skelton.  Perhaps this information may help with finding any death information.

Any help gratefully appreciated. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Catron (nee Marshall) - more info sought re death 1921
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Would suggest obtaining the death certificate first to get exact date and other information  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, for your post Millipede but I was hoping that by posting on here I may be able to avoid the cost of a certificate.  I have bought some certificates but it can get expensive.

In my own area I have been able to answer several posts asking for similar information as I am hoping to find.  Unfortunately, I am not local to the area I have put this post in. 

When people have asked for help with finding death information in my own area (Tyneside) I usually look to see where the nearest cemetery is to the deceased person's home location.  If I find the person I then have the date of burial which means I can then look at a local newspaper for a death notice which then also usually gives the date of death.

I think this goes to show that it can be possible to find death info without having to go to the expense each time of obtaining a certificate.   :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 13:03 GMT (UK) »
There's a burial (FMPast) Skelton- in- Cleveland May 30th 1921  for Mary CATRON of 21 William St. New Skelton age 64.

Maureen

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Maureen.  I do believe this will be her.  Now I can add the date and her address to my records.

Does anyone else know where she may be buried given that Maureen has so kindly found her residence at time of death?

I am very grateful to you Maureen for your help. :) :)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:45 GMT (UK) »
As there is no grave number attached to Mary's entry in the parish register, it looks as though she was buried elsewhere, and that only the service was held at the church.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Again from FindMyPast, there is an entry for Mary in the transcription of burials in Skelton Cemetery.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much BumbleB I am very grateful to you! :)  Now I can add her burial place to my records on my family.

I am most grateful for the help you and Maureen have given me today.

Many, many thanks. :)