Author Topic: Did Jacob Miller and Jane Anderson ever really marry?  (Read 5210 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Did Jacob Miller and Jane Anderson ever really marry?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 February 18 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again. ;)

I have never been to the Cemetery but I will go one day to see if they may have a grave stone.  They may have a stone as Jacob appears to have had money to leave in a will.  Daughter Isabella was named in probate.

I know this Michael will not be their son as he died in 1941 and is buried in Preston Cemetery.  His wife was Thomas Conroy's niece who was called Elizabeth Watson.  She was the daughter of Mary Watson nee Conroy.

Will have to check out Sara/Sarah as unsure what happened to her.

Best Wishes  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 February 18 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Oh!  I have just realised that the Transcrpts you mention at the Northumberland Archives don't go up to 1854.  Oh well, never mind at least I know they did marry.

Perhaps I could request at look up at Berwick?

A search reveals that there was another volume covering 1849 -1855, so hopefully N. Archives will also have a copy of that. I’m not aware of any R-chatters going to Berwick Archives but some go regularly to Woodhorn.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 11 February 18 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes they do have a headstone I will try and pinpoint exactly where it is for you in section E  xxx
Mick Sharp did this simplified section map
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 11 February 18 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Oh!  I have just realised that the Transcrpts you mention at the Northumberland Archives don't go up to 1854.  Oh well, never mind at least I know they did marry.

Perhaps I could request at look up at Berwick?

A search reveals that there was another volume covering 1849 -1855, so hopefully N. Archives will also have a copy of that. I’m not aware of any R-chatters going to Berwick Archives but some go regularly to Woodhorn.

Apologies, I misread what you said. What I meant is that I didn’t know of anyone going to Berwick on Tweed Archives.

As you have now put up a look up request on the Berwickshire board, can I suggest that you add a link on there to this thread, or you might find people are duplicating information.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 February 18 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful Radcliff! :D Now I will definitely have to go to This cemetery as soon as work permits.

Thank you so much for this!

I only have a few minutes Jen, as I am working today.  I will try to find out how to follow your advice re: linking as soon as I can.  Thank you for advice. :)

Best Wishes to you both!

PS This is a great map, by the way :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 February 18 16:39 GMT (UK) »
I will try to find out how to follow your advice re: linking as soon as I can. 

http://www.rootschat.com/help/faqs.php#link_2_post  :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 February 18 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jen. 

Radcliff - I was just wondering is the memorial you refer to the Hartley Memorial?  I have been in the Churchyard area and viewed this memorial as a child and quite a few years ago when I took my own son to see this.  My Dad was a miner and he told me the story of this disaster, when I was young.  (It was my Dad was inspired my passion for interest in history and family history).

I remember the grave area at the Church on my last visit - quite  a few years ago - as being very overgrown.
I wonder if this will be the same now?

Or is the memorial some other one at the back?  When I wrote I have never been to Earsdon Cemetery, I thought this was a separate one from the Church.

I will definitely be going when I get time.  Many thanks for letting me know this exists. :)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 February 18 23:55 GMT (UK) »
No I uncovered to a degree a lot of the headstones in the memorial  section where the Miller grave is, as you stand looking down at the memorial the section your Miller grave is in is to the left of the memorial,the section goes down as far as the small path that runs along the bottom of that section,and the path that runs along to the memorial,I have not been in for awhile but I know a good friend of mine continues to attend to this section weather permitting,I do have copies of the grave numbers in that section,and will recheck my photo's just in case I do have a photo
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 00:18 GMT (UK) »
this is a rough idea where it is,come behind the church,and turn right, and walk along the path,as if you were going to the memorial,but stop here and look down, quite obviousley the plots are not in perfect lines if you can guestimate 6 plots running across from the path that runs down on your left towards the lower sections,this is the start of section E,your Millar grave is  6 plots in from the left and 24 plots down hahah would be easier to pick you up the next time am in Northumberland and take you