Author Topic: Jacob Miller Marriage Look Up Request  (Read 2238 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jacob Miller Marriage Look Up Request
« on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:15 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if it may be possible for someone to look up the marriage of Jacob Miller and Jane Armstrong in the June quarter of 1861 in Wigton, Cumbria?

Jacob was a tin smith and was the son of Jacob Miller (who was born in Wigton) and Ann Redhead.

I have already put a post on the Northumberland board asking if Jacob Miller ever really married his 'wife' Jane Anderson.  I have never been able to find a marriage for this pair.  Now, I am wondering if for whatever reason Jane may have married Jacob under a different surname.

I would be really grateful if anyone can solve this mystery.  If a marriage record could be found I am sure it will be easy to ascertain if Jane has married under an alias.  Her parents were Alexander and Isabella Anderson.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline westlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob Miller Marriage Look Up Request
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello , I found it on Anc..... , when you go on to the page you need to be on next page for the J names to show , hope you understand all that  regards westlass

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear!  Sorry, I do not understand that. :-\

Do you mean you can see the actual marriage register information? 

I can see on freebmd that the marriage is under Wigton is on Vol. 10b page 699

However, I am after information which is on the register, as I think this would reveal whether Jane married under an alias surname. 

Thank you for your response westlass.  Could you let me know if you have found more than what is on freebmd.  If more is available on Anc .. I will try to find it. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline westlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello on Anc It comes up as Jacob Miller and Ann Armstrong , when you go on to it , it is just showing list of millar marriages , you would need look up at Carlisle for the rest of information

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 15:05 GMT (UK) »
I have looked on Anc .. but still just see the marriage attachment for Jacob Miller and Jane Armstrong at Wigton.

I am not local to the area.  Am I posting in the wrong place?  Would Wigton records not be found in Cumberland?

Thank you for trying to help me westlass, I do appreciate this.

Offline westlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello , Any Wigton records will under Cumberland as you say , and found at Carlisle record office , The only records I found online were to early , you could try cumbria family history society , they are on facebook , some members are at record office every week and would probs do a look up

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks westlass, I am not on Facebook.  Hopefully, a fellow RootsChatter may respond and help with a look up.  I will wait with baited breath to see if anyone shows up.

I am grateful for your help today. :)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 15:29 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if it may be possible for someone to look up the marriage of Jacob Miller and Jane Armstrong in the June quarter of 1861 in Wigton, Cumbria?

Hope you don't mind me asking: do you know that the marriage was in Wigton itself, or simply that it was in Wigton Registration District?

If the latter you'd need to know where - it's a very large district https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/wigton.html
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Press notice - May 31, 1861 - Carlisle Journal

Registrars Office, Wigton
Mr. Jacob Miller, of Saltcoats, to Miss Jane Armstrong of Moss Side, Holme Cultram

Kay