Author Topic: I need some help. Please. Annie O'Brien  (Read 2544 times)

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help. Please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 February 18 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Aghadowey.
 Just to let you know. I already  what you mentioned.  Meaning  I know tabout the  other 15 page's or so. I haven't been  on the group for a while.  So I would have possible  have forgotten some of the answers. 
And my gran eveline  shulman was born in 1911 or 1910. The reason why I say  1911 or 1910. Is because  2 thing's. 1st.   MY mum always  knew  her mum was born  in  1911. And 2nd.  I have found  out my gran was in Newcastle upon Tyne  in 1939. With my mum. And it gives her date of birth. 26th February 1910.
It's  also possible  someone  who written out this document  has put the wrong year..

I hope  it clears  that up?

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 February 18 04:48 GMT (UK) »
I think you are missing the point. As Aghadowey has said, people have already done a huge amount of work on these people. By starting a new thread, others will not realise this and will waste time finding things you already know. You have been given a huge amount of background information on Annie and her career as a Palmist, so you certainly know more about her than her name!
Everyone is happy to help you, but not if they are covering old ground.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 February 18 11:40 GMT (UK) »
I have just read through the 15 pages of impressive hard work done by various Rootschatters on the other thread.
Dorothy - I suggest you do too!

This new thread seems to be asking what became of Annie nee O'Brien, and as has been pointed out to you, it is just not true that you know nothing other than her name!!

The possible second marriage that I have just found for you (earlier on this thread) was found and followed up, and yes, it was her.  Her death was then found, along with Probate index details on reply #120 on the other thread. Therefore you do know what happened to her.

So, please read it all and see what was found - it took people a lot of their own time and resources to find it all out for you.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 February 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Just to let you all know that I have received an e-mail from Dorothy, to which I have replied, and she is now happy that she has grasped the connections.  :)

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 February 18 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks BumbleB.

Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 February 18 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi lizdb.
I would really like to say something.  I really do appreciate everyone's help.  I wouldn't have got this far.

And I'm also sorry I repeated things.  It's been a while since I was on here. I had forgotten what I  asked and you're  kind answers. 

Now I  understand thing's  Abit better now. I was wondering where  the Johnson family came from on my grans side of the family. I have been told 5 year's ago that my grans  father  had married a lady called Johnson.
But I've since  found out something  I never  knew. And all  relates to  my mum's 2nd  cushions.  And annie. .

So I now know  where the Johnson family  comes from. I didn't know  was where Annie  passed away. As far as thought  was in Scotland.  And I was wondering why  David Joseph shulman was buried in the cemetery in England.

That's why  I was asking what happened to Annie. 
Now I know. 

So thank you all  again.  For all  your help and time.
I really do appreciate it.
Thank you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help. Please. Annie O'Brien
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Glad you've been able to work through all the information- certainly lots to take in and digest  :)

You'll have gotten the details I sent to [Ray] by PM which hopefully will be easy to follow and give you a chance to contact possible living relatives.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!