Author Topic: DUNN family of Pontypridd 1940s  (Read 2254 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DUNN family of Pontypridd 1940s
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 February 18 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much, everyone for all the posts and information. Rootschat never fails to impress me. Tracking down Dorothy is great and yes she does indeed seem to be the person in the passenger lists so must have been born in Canada.

I have looked at the ancestry pages too but unfortunately the person who compiled the tree has not logged in for quite a while so does not look like they will get my message. So close but not there yet.

I looked at the 2015 death entry on the Scotland's People website:

ANDERSON DOROTHY 84 COWE 2015 782/ 69 Eyemouth   

However it seems as though her mother's maiden name was Cowe so don't think it can be her but thanks so much for picking up on the birthdate.

It seems that the next step is to perhaps order the 1960 death certificate perhaps and see what that says.

Thanks again or all your help,
Jon

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 February 18 11:54 GMT (UK) »

Tracking down Dorothy is great and yes she does indeed seem to be the person in the passenger lists so must have been born in Canada.

Yes, that was a great find from Mabel Bagshawe

I have looked at the ancestry pages too but unfortunately the person who compiled the tree has not logged in for quite a while so does not look like they will get my message.

So close but not there yet.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you hopefully their email address is still active

I looked at the 2015 death entry on the Scotland's People website:

ANDERSON DOROTHY 84 COWE 2015 782/ 69 Eyemouth   

It was worth checking just on the off chance but at least you can rule her out

It seems that the next step is to perhaps order the 1960 death certificate perhaps and see what that says.

It's a shame the GRO Online Index death entries only go up to the year 1957, otherwise you
could have ordered online a PDF copy of digitized death entry for only £6  :(

Please come back and let us know how you get on - good luck with your search  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 February 18 12:12 GMT (UK) »
So thanks to everyone's help here, this morning I have had a reply over ancestry from Dorothy's great niece in Australia.

She has informed me that Dorothy moved to the US where she lived for many years mostly in California. Apparently she married several times and while her great niece new her later husbands she did not know about her first marriage in 1948.

Unfortunately Dorothy died last year but they are going to forward my emails to other family members who might know more. I do not know if she had any children yet to prove or disprove the theory of her having a daughter with William. But I will keep you updated.

Thanks again for all your help,
Jon