Author Topic: Walter Taylor/Rose Caroline Parry  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Taylor/Rose Caroline Parry
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 February 18 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Wonder if Walter ever actually existed?

Son named Edwin and 2nd marriage to a Dwight Edwin Robinson - was he the boy's father really despite what was put on the birth certificate.  I think I am correct in saying that he would have had to be in attendance to be named on the birth certificate.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 February 18 11:09 GMT (UK) »
I think I am correct in saying that he would have had to be in attendance to be named on the birth certificate.

I believe that if they were 'married' at the time of birth either parent could register the birth without the other being present. 

Do you have the Canadian birth certificate  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GrumpyGrandad69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 February 18 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your responses, in answer to your questions. I do not have any Canadian birth, marriage or death certificates.
Edwin Jack could have been named after Rose Caroline's father, he was George Edwin Parry born 1847 in Bromley Kent.
Rose and Phyllis both entered England in Nov 1916 and returned to Canada in Oct 1918 under the name of Taylor (return designation Regina Sask) leaving baby Edwin in England.
I have all 3 B.M.and D.certificates for Edwin as he was my father.
I think my next line of research will be to track down Phyllis (my aunt) in Canada and Rose's siblings in England, any other suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 February 18 14:32 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth posting the portion of the birth certificate that says Walter ...Taylor on the photo/identification board for suggestions on the middle name  :-\

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 February 18 16:35 GMT (UK) »
'Edwin Jack Anderson Taylor '

Do you know where 'Anderson' came from?

Would the marriage certificate of Rose to Dwight Robinson tell you if she was divorced or widowed, or did she marry under Parry?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 February 18 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Did Rose originally go out from England in 1913 intending to marry William Halton (??), a carpenter - very poor image so could be someone else.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 February 18 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Do you know when Rose Caroline Parry arrived into Canada?
From what record is Walter Taylor's birthdate given as 1892? Or is this a presumption based on Rose's birthdate?

Regina directories from Peel's Prarie Provinces
http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibliography/3592.2.html

1915: http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibliography/3592.2.7/480.html there is a William Taylor, stonecutter, no Walter.
1916-1917: http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibliography/3592.2.8/499.html no Walter, but there is a Mrs Rose Taylor, a clerk at F W Woolworth, residing 2030 Stuart
This home address is listed in the same directory as that of Frank Sutton ( http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibliography/3592.2.8/167.html ) and in 1915 as vacant.

Fred or Frank Sutton appears at that address in the 1916 census, no sign of your family (perhaps Rose lodged with them briefly)
http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/006003/t-21943/jpg/31228_4363972-00695.jpg

William Taylor the stonecutter is a single man in 1916, 36, originally from Scotland, not sure he's connected other than the occupation there's nothing to suggest it
http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/006003/t-21943/jpg/31228_4363972-00421.jpg

Offline GrumpyGrandad69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I have not responded for some days. Earlier I posted that I did not recognise the address 19 Lee Terrace I have since found out that When my dad was "adopted" by a couple James and Caroline Barnes, on their marriage certificate dated 1902 Caroline was shown as C Matthews living at 19 Lee Terrace, she was 10 years older than Rose. I did wonder if there was a connection between the Barnes and Parry families, looks like another area of research to undertake.

I have found 3 possible, earlier, arrivals for Rose in Canada the first is Feb 1911 Rose Taylor landed at Halifax NS on board the Royal Edward, second Feb 1913 Rose Taylor landed at Halifax NS on board the Teutonic, and lastly Aug 1913 R C Parry landed at Quebec on board the Scotian. This assumes that she was married already. Not sure that any are correct.

Walters age is a presumption taken from family trees for Rose Caroline Parry that I have obtained from Ancestry.com