Author Topic: Guglielmo Biagi 1880 & Carolina Lemetti Irvine & Barga  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Yvonne Biagi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guglielmo Biagi 1880 & Carolina Lemetti Irvine & Barga
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 March 18 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike and John

We actually relocated to Angaston in the Barossa Valley from Irvine in 1963. Leonardo, Elise  (Elizabeth), Yvonne and Ralph (Raffaello). Two more children were added to the family in Angaston, Mark and Leonie.
Ralph and Leonie still live in the Barossa and Mark in Adelaide. I live in Perth in Western Australia.

I am happy to provide any information. We four children of Leonardo and Elizabeth have families of our own now.

Cheers
Yvonne

Offline Yvonne Biagi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 March 18 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike
Are  you related to a Sonny Gordon.
Cheers
Yvonne

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 26 March 18 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike
Are  you related to a Sonny Gordon.
Cheers
Yvonne
Hi Yvonne,
My father Raplh (Rodolfo) was known as Sonny to some members of the family. Rosa always called him Sonny.
We were of course Biagi but my father changed our name to Gordon when he was an officer in the British army during WWII. Something which did not go down too well some of the family in Italy.
We noticed in later years, in Barga some would cross the street to avoid him, although others were quite happy to sit and chat with us.
Something that happened to many Scottish/Italian families.
As I said in an earlier post, Leonard and I were good friends for a while, until I was off in the Royal Navy and as I now know, he went to Australia.
Mike

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 21 May 18 11:06 BST (UK) »
Having not gained much info in response to my first question on here, I thought "what next"?
Answer would you believe was Facebook! I messaged a whole load of Biagi's and received a number of answers. One from a first cousin whom I had not seen for over sixty years and long since lost track of.
Answer to my first question for the Biagi's following this thread. Carolina's father was Luigi Lemetti (c1850 bithplace unknown) and mother Maria Corrieri (c1855 Barga).
I have spent hours trolling through the Barga registration records (available on FS) but can find no record of birth or marriage, although that's not to say it isn't there as there are many thousands.
Luigi was the first owner of the bar at Ponte De Campia.

Offline robert1544

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 16 August 18 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Guglielmo Biagi (aged 25 from Castelvecchio, Barga, parents Rafaello Biagi and Adele Pellegrini) married Ida Lemetti, (aged 17 from Gallicano, parents Luigi Lemetti and Maria Caproni) on Nov 22, 1905 in Barga. Is this what you are looking for - Ida and Carolina may be same person. From LDS site - I can give you details etc

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 16 August 18 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Guglielmo Biagi (aged 25 from Castelvecchio, Barga, parents Rafaello Biagi and Adele Pellegrini) married Ida Lemetti, (aged 17 from Gallicano, parents Luigi Lemetti and Maria Caproni) on Nov 22, 1905 in Barga. Is this what you are looking for - Ida and Carolina may be same person. From LDS site - I can give you details etc
Very many thanks for that, and yes it is what I am looking for.
 I had Maria Corrieri (Not Caproni) but all the rest agrees with my info. I had Nov 1905 but without a date.
I would be very interested in any details you can give me.
Best regards,
Mike Biagi

Offline robert1544

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 16 August 18 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike, by chance are you Mike Biagi from Glasgow living now in Barga?
The marriage of Guglielmo and Lemetti is on page 1965 of LDS respective file. Going further back Rafaello Biagi (aged 28, born San Pietro in Campo, parents Giovacchino and Teresa Caproni) married Adele Pellegrini (aged 28, born Castelvecchio, parents Lorenzo and Luisa Bertolini) in Barga on 14th Nov 1876. This is on page 2744 of respective LDS.
Do you know about the Barga Geneology Research Group. If you were to be a member you could trace your ancestors back to at least 17th century quite easily.
Ida Lemetti was born in Barga in 1861 - mother Martinelli 
Cheers

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 16 August 18 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike, by chance are you Mike Biagi from Glasgow living now in Barga?
The marriage of Guglielmo and Lemetti is on page 1965 of LDS respective file. Going further back Rafaello Biagi (aged 28, born San Pietro in Campo, parents Giovacchino and Teresa Caproni) married Adele Pellegrini (aged 28, born Castelvecchio, parents Lorenzo and Luisa Bertolini) in Barga on 14th Nov 1876. This is on page 2744 of respective LDS.
Do you know about the Barga Geneology Research Group. If you were to be a member you could trace your ancestors back to at least 17th century quite easily.
Ida Lemetti was born in Barga in 1861 - mother Martinelli 
Cheers
Hi
No that's a different Mike but I did meet him Barga about five years ago. We are very distantly related, that I have established.
I did have membership of the Barga group for one year, but quite a long time ago.
On the Biagi side, I have no problems, I go back a long way.
It is with my great grandparents that I am stuck, I only have Luigi Lemetti (c 1850), everyone in the family I've spoken with says his wife was Maria Corrieri, but now you've come up with Caproni.
Even my cousin in Italy, who was raised by my grandparents Guglielmo & Carolina (you say Ida) says  she was a Corrieri.
So now I'm kind off puzzled.

Offline Yvonne Biagi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 17 August 18 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hello again. It was great to see the thread pop up in my inbox.
Mike you indicated that we could private message after three posts. I have not been on here for a wee while. How do we private message? I would be very grateful to take up your offer to share with me your research to date.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers.