Author Topic: Guglielmo Biagi 1880 & Carolina Lemetti Irvine & Barga  (Read 4069 times)

Offline q98

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guglielmo Biagi 1880 & Carolina Lemetti Irvine & Barga
« Reply #27 on: Friday 17 August 18 03:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Biagi's etc
FYI:
An Irvine-born George Biagi represented Italy against Scotland at Murrayfield early-Jan 2009.

I attended St Mick's in Irvine and IF memory serves there were several Biagi's, although whether they were Saltcoats (my home town, now residing in Fremantle) or Irvine I do not remember. The "Aberlour Cafe" at the corner of High Road and Jacks Road, Saltcoats was owned/managed by Michael Biagi, whom I faintly recall.

Are you aware of this website :  http://www.threetowners.net/forum/index.php

Further, contributor  Steve62  to this website has offered to assist with Italian research. Search the term     Italian Research     to locate his offer.
q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'.30"E
Hamilton, Kennedy, Lovell, McCreadie, Murray, Workman - Ayrshire, Scotland
Lovell - Texas, USA
McCreadie - Dunedin, NZ
Boyle - Eire
McCreadie, Wills, Wyatt - Queensland
Tait/Tate - Toronto, Canada
Workman, McEwan - OFS, South Africa

Offline robert1544

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 17 August 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike Gordon, leave it with me about Caterina/Ida Caproni/Corrieri. I will look at it again, with all the stuff I have next week and post my thoughts.
PS other post - George Biagi, the rugby player's dad was Michael Biagi from Saltcoats
Bob

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 August 18 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hello again. It was great to see the thread pop up in my inbox.
Mike you indicated that we could private message after three posts. I have not been on here for a wee while. How do we private message? I would be very grateful to take up your offer to share with me your research to date.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers.
Hi Yvonne,
Thought we'd lost you, welcome back.
To pm, just click on my name at the left side of any of my posts, a pop-up box will then give you, a pm link.
I will send you a pm with my email asdress.

Offline robert1544

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 17 August 18 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Mike Gordon,
please ignore my last comment about Ida Lemetti born in 1861. It was wrong.
I found her baptism/birth record. She was born 17 Apr 1888 in Castelvecchio, baptised 22 Apr 1888 with name Maria Carolina Altomira Angela Ida. So Caterina/Ida is same person. Her father was Luigi Lemetti whose father was Biagio deceased and her mother was Maria Caproni whose father was Giuseppe. I can send extract of document by private mail, if you need
Regards Bob

Offline robert1544

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 17 August 18 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike Gordon,
another piece of info - again can send document
Luigi Lemetti, aged 28, born in Gallicano (father Biagio dec'd, mother Carola Pellegrini, dec'd) married Maria Caproni on Jan 9th, 1888, in Castelvecchio. Maria was aged 19, born in Castelvecchio (father was Giuseppe, mother Clementina Corrieri). This is probably where Caproni/Corrieri confusion has been.
Regards
Bob

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 17 August 18 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike Gordon,
another piece of info - again can send document
Luigi Lemetti, aged 28, born in Gallicano (father Biagio dec'd, mother Carola Pellegrini, dec'd) married Maria Caproni on Jan 9th, 1888, in Castelvecchio. Maria was aged 19, born in Castelvecchio (father was Giuseppe, mother Clementina Corrieri). This is probably where Caproni/Corrieri confusion has been.
Regards
Bob
Ah! Got it, brilliant. That now ties in some of the Corrieri's we always understood as family.
What can I say, but nery many thanks.
Mike

Offline Daveandalida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 26 December 19 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike . And other Biagis . My name is Alida Biagi . I am the youngest of 4 . Leigh , Simon and Mike . My Father was Carlo Biagi and his father was Amos Biagi who owned the castle cafe in Maybole , famous for his ginger beer . I have very little information about my family history so would be very interested in any links you have . I have recently moved back to Ayshire but My father always implied that we weren’t related to any Biagis on the west coast , it would appear he was wrong !!!

Offline mike gordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike . And other Biagis . My name is Alida Biagi . I am the youngest of 4 . Leigh , Simon and Mike . My Father was Carlo Biagi and his father was Amos Biagi who owned the castle cafe in Maybole , famous for his ginger beer . I have very little information about my family history so would be very interested in any links you have . I have recently moved back to Ayshire but My father always implied that we weren’t related to any Biagis on the west coast , it would appear he was wrong !!!
Hi, Did you get my message?

Offline Daveandalida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike . Yes thank you so much , I did get your message but I can’t seem to find it again !! I was going to forward it to my brothers and sister. I think you said that you had met my dad ? I’m really intrigued now and am going to look into the Baird side of the family too .