Author Topic: Shavington and Shavington WW1 War Memorial - any info, relatives, photos etc.  (Read 876 times)

Offline potty5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dear forum members, I know this is a long shot, but I am trying to get in touch with any relatives/ancestors of the lads on the Shavington School WW1 memorial which is now in the entrance to the village hall (my great-uncles name is on it). I am producing a commemorative book/booklet for the conclusion year of the Great War centenary and have now completed the military info on the names commemorated, although there are several mistakes known recorded on the memorial. Any info, photos etc regarding the memorial or info to do with Shavington during the Great War years will be gratefully received. Best wishes, Mark Potts.

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shavington and Shavington WW1 War Memorial - any info, relatives, photos etc.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 March 18 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I am sure I have responded before about Clarke...I know there is a photo and medals at my Aunts house, I saw them in November 2017....however despite a request to 'borrow' them,she would not part with them...and this is someone who will not help me with the FH!