Author Topic: The Memorial Almshouse Cottages, Nechells, Birmingham  (Read 110 times)

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Memorial Almshouse Cottages, Nechells, Birmingham
« on: Friday 09 February 18 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi All, I have discovered that an ancestor used to live in the old Memorial Cottage Almshouses in Nechells, Birmingham in 1911 & I wondered if anyone might have any pictures of them please?
Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Memorial Almshouse Cottages, Nechells, Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 18 17:09 GMT (UK) »

Hi,

If I'm looking at the right Memorial Cottages on the 1911 census it gives the address as Nechells Park Road. This could be them,

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2050.3355

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 18 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Daisy, you are a marvel ~ thank you so much!
I spent ages last night trying to track an image down on the internet. I obviously missed your wonderful find.
Thank you.

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 February 18 17:44 GMT (UK) »

My pleasure  :)

I'm glad I helped.
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)