Author Topic: Kilpatrick - McMullen - Diamond  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kilpatrick - McMullen - Diamond
« on: Friday 09 February 18 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fellow Genealogists

I haven't been doing this very long, i got into it in 2005 but lost contact with it.  So here i am picking up. My nana is 89 next week and she has dementia.  She is currently in hospital with a broken neck so im trying to piece this together so i have something to talk to her about as she doesnt remember very well.  I have been struggling to find some info on my GG Nana.  I was hoping some of you could help fill in the gaps please.

Elizabeth Kilpatrick Possibly born in 1877 Banbridge Ireland (need birth date)
Parents William Kilptrick and Mary O'Neil (need birth dates)

Elizabeth Kilpatrick married Thomas Kelly in 1901 (id like to know more about him) (divorced or deceased??)

Edward McMullen (my GG Grandad) married Annie Sheridan 13/04/1896 in Scotland (divorced or Deceased??)

Elizabeth Kilpatrick then met and married  Edward McMullen in 1913
(apparently they had my Great grandma out of wedlock as catholic so had to wait for one of their spouses to die)

Elizabeth and Edward McMullen had my g.gran in 1905 - Agnes McMullen, she was 8 when they married in 1913

Id like to know:

Elizabeth's parents birth dates, location of birth, deaths??

Edwards parents Peter McMullen and /Mary Ann McGill - DOB's? Location of birth, deaths etc?

Annie Sheridans parents (i bought some documents but the dates don't fit so she cant be the right Annie!) all i know about Annie is:
SHERIDAN ANNIE Possible Birth??
F
282/2 280
St Mary

SHERIDAN ANNIE Possible Death??
644/9 788
Kelvin

Cant be sure!

And Thomas Kelly - i know nothing except he possibly died on the docks.

The child of EM and EK Agnes McMullen married my G.Grandad William Diamond 31/12/1923 and she lived at Lived at 107 stobcross street, Glasgow when she married William.

This is all i have and i keep spending out money on documents hoping to get more but i find they're wrong.
Id appreciate any help anyone can offer.  I struggle with the Scottish and Irish sides as i cant be sure where they were born as some moved over from Ireland and vise versa.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kilpatrick - McMullen - Diamond
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 18 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Kilpatrick Possibly born in 1877 Banbridge Ireland (need birth date)
Parents William Kilptrick and Mary O'Neil (need birth dates)

Why do you think she was born in Banbridge?

Extracted birth record of Eliza Jane Kilpatrick, daughter of William & Mary (O'Neill), born 16 Apr.1876 Strabane district, Co. Tyrone-
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FPTZ-G5F

Actual record shows family lived Main St., Strabane and father William was a labourer-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1876/03056/2120764.pdf

A son William born 1870- https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FP17-S5S
   https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1870/03347/2227284.pdf
A daughter Jane born 1873- https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FG5P-LLQ
Possible daughter born 1867 Scotland- https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FQH9-CS8
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 18 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Kilpatrick then met and married  Edward McMullen in 1913

Hi , and welcome  :)

Have you looked at that marriage cert. to check their marital status(single / widowed ?).

ev

Added -
SHERIDAN ANNIE Possible Death??
644/9 788
Kelvin

Other surname showing as McNeil  :-\
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 February 18 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello aghadowey

Thank you for your links, so useful!

Why do i think she was born in Banbridge?  When searching i came across some information that suggested she was my Elizabeth.  This is why i wrote possibly born in 1877 Banbridge.- i get confused with all this info so i try and keep track, then im not sure which is 100% or which is just guess work.

Im not sure Eliza Jane is right as i have her Marriage certificate to Edward and her name is
Elizabeth Kilpatrick Or Kelly (as she was widowed by Thomas Kelly) Also she gave birth to Agnes in 1901. This is why i am so confused, i come across all this information then something like this doesnt add up.

Hi Ev

Yes i have just noticed Elizabeths says widower so Thomas must have dies.  im aware that elizabeth and edward were together before but couldnt marry until someone died, so when Thomas died they were able to marry.

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 February 18 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Annie Sheridan marriage certificate to Edward shows her parents were
James Sheridan, a coal miner (deceased)
Elizabeth Sheridan M.S?? Calder?

(apologies i struggle with the old English handwriting.  The "M.S" or "M.&" im assuming this means maiden name or name before married name?

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 February 18 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Familysearch has Ann Sheridan birth 25th July 1869 New Monkland Lanark , parents James Sheridan and Elizabeth Calder.

M.S.  is maiden surname.

ev

Added-
There is a death for an Annie Sheridan(other surname McMullan) , age 60 , 1929 Airdrie or New Monkland  :-\
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 February 18 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Ev, Thank you so much for that.  I will try this family search.  I had Annie being born in dundee!! i dont know where this info all came from!  And thank you for clearing up the MS :) Much appreciated.

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 February 18 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Im looking at this link that aghadowey sent me, it seems Eliza Jane Kilpatrick has a sister called Elizabeth.  Could this be my Elizabeth??

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/9QKJ-LYN?1=1&parents=M3SV-GB1_M3SJ-CFP

William Kilpatrick
1842–1902 • M3SV-GB1​
Mary O'Neil
–1910 • M3SJ-CFP​
Marriage: 1863

Of,,Misc,Scotland

Children (7)
Margaret Kilpatrick
1859–1930 • KZJG-S8L​

Charles Kilpatrick
1865–1927 • 93B7-J82​

Elizabeth Kilpatrick
1867–Deceased • 93N6-F84​

Ann Kilpatrick
1867–Deceased • 934G-MCG​

William Kilpatrick
1870–Deceased • 9WLL-X3F​

Jane Kilpatrick
1873–Deceased • 96NW-QYQ​

Eliza Jane Kilpatrick
1876–Deceased • 9QKJ-LYN

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 February 18 14:40 GMT (UK) »
It's VERY IMPORTANT to make a note of the source of information found so that you can evaluate it properly and also find it again!

The latest Family Search details you've posted are from a submitted tree which, like all such trees, may contain errors and need to be carefully checked.

This is a perfect example of the problems that happen when you don't take good notes-
Why do i think she was born in Banbridge?  When searching i came across some information that suggested she was my Elizabeth.  This is why i wrote possibly born in 1877 Banbridge.- i get confused with all this info so i try and keep track, then im not sure which is 100% or which is just guess work.

I can see no birth in Banbridge district for that period with those parents.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!