Author Topic: Patrick Rock - Trinity College 1920s  (Read 571 times)

Offline TonyMcGartland

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Rock - Trinity College 1920s
« on: Friday 09 February 18 16:26 GMT (UK) »
My wifes great uncle Patrick Rock studied at Trinity in the 1920s and went on to be a consultant ENT in Derry. He met his wife-to-be, Moya Cameron in Dublin and they lived in Bayview Terrace, Derry. However, I'm hoping that there are other people who may have befriended him or knew of him. He would have spent some of his time in the Dolphins Barn area of the city as he would have frequented the home of his wife adoptive parents Patrick Green, then manager of the Dolphin Barn Brickworks. It may seem like a wild shot but worth asking.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Rock - Trinity College 1920s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 18 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Since he died in 1937 it probably very unlikely that you'll find many people that were his friends. Have you tried searching for newspaper obituaries, in local papers and medical journals, to give you more information?

I don't mean a death notice like the one below but an obituary giving details of perhaps his family, life and funeral.
Derry Journal, 9 Aug.1937: ROCK —August 8th, 1937, at his residence 1, Bayview Terrace, Derry (after ill... Patrick Rock. M.D. ... Requiem Mass at 10 o'clock in St, Eugene s Cathedral on Wednesday, 11th inst. Funeral immediately afterwards...
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TonyMcGartland

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Rock - Trinity College 1920s
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 18 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Since he died in 1937 it probably very unlikely that you'll find many people that were his friends. Have you tried searching for newspaper obituaries, in local papers and medical journals, to give you more information?

I don't mean a death notice like the one below but an obituary giving details of perhaps his family, life and funeral.
Derry Journal, 9 Aug.1937: ROCK —August 8th, 1937, at his residence 1, Bayview Terrace, Derry (after ill... Patrick Rock. M.D. ... Requiem Mass at 10 o'clock in St, Eugene s Cathedral on Wednesday, 11th inst. Funeral immediately afterwards...

I agree, it is unlikely however I was able to find relatives in Dublin whom my wife family had lost touch with almost 70years ago. Its not unusual for families to have knowledge of families that were passed on through parents.

I have all the obituaries and records already, its just that human touch thats more interesting.