Author Topic: William Johnston, 1878, living at 60 Earl Street,Belfast  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Johnston, 1878, living at 60 Earl Street,Belfast
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 15 February 18 22:41 GMT (UK) »
I see now in top right of  website it says General Register Office Northern Ireland.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 16 February 18 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Woodside Johnston, Killyfaddy, son of Thomas, married 1881 Mary Johnston-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1881/11017/8028237.pdf

Possibly his son also called Woodside-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1916/09767/5545281.pdf

Fits with birth of Woodside, son of Woodside Johnston & Mary Johnston-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1892/02340/1875371.pdf

GRONI have this death record-
D/1935/182/1022/28/6 Woodside, Johnston 5th December 1935 age 82 Magherafelt district
You can view certificate online DO NOT ORDER CERTIFICATE (unless you want the certificate itself)

Woodside Johnston, wife Mary, etc.-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Ballymoghan/Killyfaddy/1532071
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Ballymoghan/Killyfaddy/612837
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 16 February 18 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you aghadowey. All of these are for the correct family. Now I have the full date of death for Woodside, previously I only had the year. It cost me 1 credit to see the info by clicking on enhanced.
Thanks again
Peggy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 16 February 18 19:24 GMT (UK) »
You can already see the exact date of death in the index (as I posted above) but for 5 credits you can view the FULL certificate.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 16 February 18 19:51 GMT (UK) »
A few snippets just in case you haven't seen them yet

Belfast Newsletter, 11 May 1897: ... will the residue of deceased's property, after debts and legacies to the amount of £1I5 were paid, was bequeathed to Woodside Johnston, a nephew by marriage, and Allen M'Kee and John M'Afee, who were not related to deceased. The property was ordered...

Mid-Ulster Mail [Cookstown], 27 Nov.1909: Magherafelt Notes ... on Friday evening of last eek, while a young man named John Johnston, son of Mr. Woodside Johnston, of Killyfaddy... fowling, the gun was using exploded, inflicting seven [severe?] injuries ...

27 November 1909 - Mid-Ulster Mail -
Mid-Ulster Mail [Cookstown], 27 Oct.1934: ... comprising a dwelling-house and two gardens, to the plaintiff, who went into possession and expended money in renovation of the to the house and gardens, and sought an order that defendant transfers same to plaintiff. Woodside Johnston, junr., said that in 1916 his father, Woodside Johnston, transferred a farm to another son, Andrew Johnston. He had also arranged that another son...

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 16 February 18 20:36 GMT (UK) »
OK, I get it. Thank you.
As for the snippets, Can you tell me who was the deceased in 1897, who mentions Woodside as a nephew by marriage. Would that be his wife's uncle?
I have 8 sons for Woodside Sr. Who was the plaintiff in Nov 1934-Woodside Jr?  Woodside Sr.'s wife Mary died Dec 9, 1934. This snippet is before that.
Thanks
Peggy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 16 February 18 23:25 GMT (UK) »
The above snippets were all that were shown using free search in Find My Past Irish newspapers but you'd need to read full article to get the details.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 21 June 22 20:23 BST (UK) »
Getting back to the newspaper snippet in 1897, Woodside Johnston was the nephew of Mary Woodside nee McCool who died Feb 17, 1897 in Rocktown. Mary's sister-in-law Margaret was Woodside's mother. Mary's husband was Robert Woodside, brother to Margaret Woodside.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo