Author Topic: kilpatrick family  (Read 4151 times)

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
kilpatrick family
« on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Hugh Kilpatrick b29dec1876 Lochwinnoch son of James Kilpatrick and Agnes Martin, married Isabella Mc Guire m/s Crawford 30dec1989 Lochwinnoch .Isabella was b12apr1881 Beith and died 23dec1951 Lochwinnoch  (widow)she is listed as Bella on the 1911 census. Hugh is on the Valuation rolls in 1935 on Harvey Terrace .I have been unable to find his death.
They had 6 children James b17apr1899,David b02feb1901,Janet b12nov1903 all in Lochwinnoch then Isabella b13mar1907,Elizabeth b25feb1909 both in Cathcart and John b29may1916 Lochwinnoch
David married Jessie Orr 01jun1928 and died 26jun1971 Kilbirnie
Janet died 07aug1981 Shotts  her death cert shows her as a widow surname Crane have been unable to find the marriage
Elizabeth married John Ritchie 11feb1948 KIlbirnie cant find her death
John married Mary Patterson 26apr1939 Paisley again cant find a death
have been unable to find any info on first son James
All of my research has been done on SP and as you see I have quite a few loose  end so I am hoping someone can help clean them up
thanks for your help

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: kilpatrick family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hugh Kilpatrick b29dec1876 Lochwinnoch son of James Kilpatrick and Agnes Martin... Hugh is on the Valuation rolls in 1935 on Harvey Terrace .I have been unable to find his death...

Have you checked this death?

Hugh Kilpatrick aged 79. Death in 1955 in Mauchline Ayrshire.
Ref 604/ 63

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:24 GMT (UK) »
There are two death for potential children to Hugh and Isabella which you don't show:

Hugh KILPATRICK aged 77. Mother's surname MCGUIRE
Death in 1990 in Johnstone. Ref 644/ 66

Agnes Martin KILPATRICK aged 84. Mother's surname MCGUIRE
Death in 1998 in Johnstone. Ref 644/ 265

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:29 GMT (UK) »

Janet died 07aug1981 Shotts  her death cert shows her as a widow surname Crane have been unable to find the marriage

A maybe?

Janet Davis KILPATRICK and James Kempton CRONE married in 1950 in Bridgeton Glasgow.
Ref 644/2 361

Monica

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 February 18 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I did see that death for Hugh in 1955 but the death notice in 1951 for Isabella states that she was a widow . The two additional children Hugh and Agnes look good will have to purchase the cert to find out and i passed over the marriage for Janet because there is no mention of Davis on her birth record and i don't see any connection to Davis again will have to purchase the cert

Thanks again for your help

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 February 18 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Let us know how you get on, huey1 :)

If the 1950 marriage for a Janet to James Crone is correct, it will be another verification of whether her father was alive or deceased...although from what you say, if wife Isabella is stated as widow in 1951 then it must be so.

Monica

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 February 18 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Have ordered the cert which should provide additional info ,I see a death in 1967 for James and a birth in 1899,if it is the correct Janet i'am wondering where the Davis name came from
Will keep you posted.
huey1

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 February 18 02:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi MonicaL

Found the birth for Agnes Martin Kilpatrick in 1914 things are looking good,thx for putting me on the right road

Huey1

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 23 February 18 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monical
Well I have been able to find some of the loose ends that I didn't have before,its all about turning over the correct rock but still not much further with finding Hugh's death.
There is a Hugh Kilpatrick listed on the 1935 Valuation Rolls on Harvey Crescent,he is still alive on the marriage cert of his son John in 1939 but he is deceased on the marriage cert of daughter Janet Davis in 1950 but I haven't been able to turn up anything for that period of time
The closest I have come for the death of his son James born 1899 is from CWGC in Lochwinnoch  Cem -Pvt J Kilpatrick died 25sept 1918 age 19 3rd Bn Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders son of Hugh Kilpatrick 30 High St Lochwinnoch,the numbers and names are pretty close but on the margin of the Graves Registration Report by CWGC it states "father next of kin has gone to America" so I don't know if I have the correct family
The marriage for Janet Davis to James Kemton Crone in 1950 was good,i have found the death of John in 1993 and the two deaths that you found for Hugh and Agnes Martin were good , Hugh married Helen Stewart in 1951 and died 1990 Agnes died 1998 and was single
Do you know of any way to find who would be living with Hugh on High St at the time of his son James death in 1918 I might be able to tie the family together.
I have also emailed CWGC for more info on his death
Thx again for any help

Huey1