Author Topic: Help with Elizabeth and her father Denis Byrne - Askakee/Ballymanus  (Read 1098 times)

Offline ciaranob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Elizabeth and her father Denis Byrne - Askakee/Ballymanus
« on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have searched in vain for baptismal or birth records for Elizabeth Byrne daughter of Denis Byrne in Tomocork and Kilavaney Parish records on various sites including RootsIreland, IrishGenealogy and NLI/Archives, FamilySearch etc. with no luck to date - bet I am missing something obvious!!

What I have is Elizabeth's marriage to my Great Grand father Arthur Byrne in Kilavaney Parish with Denis Byrne listed as her father;  also states she resided in Askakee (assume Askakeagh in Preban Parish) which is literally around the corner from Arthur's then home in Ballymanus at that time:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1871/11362/8171616.pdf

Marriage witnesses James Byrne (possibly Arthur's father and Bridget Byrne possible sister or mother of Elizabeth - don't know yet).

I also have her death record attached in 1885 in Ballymanus with Arthur as witness; she was aged 35 so born ca. 1850 (image attached - can get link if needed). 

Given her history it seems not unreasonable to assume she would have been born in one of the above two parishes but I cannot find any record - have done broader searches for daughter and/or father links but hitting a wall - any ideas/suggestions most appreciated,
Best Regards, C.