Author Topic: Glasgow Athenaeum records  (Read 511 times)

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
  • gg-grandfather, founder of Comfort, Texas
    • View Profile
Glasgow Athenaeum records
« on: Sunday 11 February 18 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Who would I contact for access to the Glasgow Athenaeum (now Royal Conservatoire of Scotland) student records.  My grandfather, born 1891 in Glasgow, studied music and dramatic arts at that institution.  He performed with the Pink Dandies company in Australia and New Zealand in the early years of WWI.  After service with the 10th Australian Light Horse in Egypt, he immigrated to New York where he and my grandmother appeared on Broadway.  In 1948 he was a founding member of the Houston Gilbert and Sullivan Society where for many years he served as stage director and comedian.
Campbell, McDonald, Sprague, Dunsmore, Altgelt, Paterson, Gordon, Rennie, Gorrie, Myles, Forbes, Stewart, Robertson,  Scott, McEwan, MacCallum, McLagan, Perth, Dull, Lanark, Airdrie, Campbeltown, Saddell, Kessington, Cochno, Milngavie, Rutherglen, Kilsyth, Dundee, Killin, Ferryport-on-Craig, Kirkintilloch, Ohio, New York, Inverness-shire, Blair Atholl, Mathie

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow Athenaeum records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 February 18 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the institution's own archives?

https://www.rcs.ac.uk/about_us/libraryandit/archives/
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk