Author Topic: Frank Bryan  (Read 1701 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Bryan
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 February 18 15:26 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure which, if either, of the Franks this might be, but there was a 1915 marriage in Oklahoma to Flora Davis.  https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVP6-HDFN  I found mentions in the Fort Gibson, Oklahoma newspaper from February 1918 about Frank Bryan being sued for divorce and child custody by Flora Bryan, who alleged desertion and non-support.

I found a Social Security application for a likely child from this marriage.  Juanita Dellamae Cassina, born 10 Oct 1915 in Porum, Oklahoma to Frank Bryan & Flora Davis and died Apr. 1991. 

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 February 18 15:42 GMT (UK) »
I found an obituary for Velma, which lists one of her children as Mrs. Lillian Lobban of Los Angeles.  Virginia was also listed in the obituary, but maybe the names were bungled.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 11 February 18 15:53 GMT (UK) »
No idea if this is the same guy - Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, New Mexico) - 22 August 1940 - page 3

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 11 February 18 23:34 GMT (UK) »
The OP has been on line but not made comment so far. on this thread yet Ppted another query on a different topic  ??? Perhaps we need some feedback  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline thegreatpercy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 February 18 03:15 GMT (UK) »
The Frank Bryan born in Ft Worth, Texas in 1894 does sound like the one. His daughter Lillian Lobben did live in LA during that time. I was wondering did this Frank marry anyone. Also who his parents and siblings are. Thank you for all the help.
Audrey Stauffer

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 February 18 11:58 GMT (UK) »
I think Virginia may have been the one with the surname Lobban, since she was seen on the 1940 census in the right place.

Considering that Frank was listed as married on his WWI draft registration card, I'm inclined to think the 1915 marriage to Flora was him.  Looks like his wife was age 15 and gave birth a few months after the wedding, so I guess not terribly surprising that it didn't work out.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 February 18 12:19 GMT (UK) »
California Death Index - Lillian Pichay - 18 July 1920 Oklahoma passed away 6 March 1974 San Joaquin.
There is a divorce record for Lillian Bryan and Rudy P Pichay - July 1968 San Joaquin

Sandra