Author Topic: Court family of Waltham  (Read 128 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Senior
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Court family of Waltham
« on: Sunday 11 February 18 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm trying to trace the pedigree of my ancestor Catherine Court b.1669 at Petham. Her parents were Thomas Court and Elizabeth Hayward, married at Waltham in 1655.

A study of the parishes nearby to Waltham show a large number of Court individuals in the area some of which have wills dated between late 1400's, when they were known as A'Court, to early 1700's.

My initial research suggests my Thomas was baptised in 1612 at Waltham the son of William, of which there are two William's present at that time.

Does anyone know of an existing documentated pedigree for this family, or has looked into tracing the Court's as part of their own family tree?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Court family of Waltham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 14:15 GMT (UK) »
  I do have some Petham/Stelling Courts in my ancestry, though not as far back as yours. I can't find your Catherine, b 1669 in the parish registers on FindMyPast?
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Senior
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 21:52 GMT (UK) »
She is listed as Katthren Courte on FindMyPast.

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
   Thanks, I can see it now.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire