Author Topic: Jane Sherwood born 1819 Newcastle Upon Tyne  (Read 4194 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Sherwood born 1819 Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 24 February 18 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes 19 is a minor ie under 21 which was considered adulthood..
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 24 February 18 09:10 GMT (UK) »
I didn’t receive any notification from this forum post to say there had been any activity, as I normally have in the past.

Hi Christian  :) all you need to do to see if there are any replies is to click on the 'New Replies' link at the top left of the page. This will show if you have any unread replies to threads on which you are active. There's no need to wait for email notifications, which, for whatever reason, don't always come through.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 24 February 18 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes 19 is a minor ie under 21 which was considered adulthood..
Thank you
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 24 February 18 09:22 GMT (UK) »
I didn’t receive any notification from this forum post to say there had been any activity, as I normally have in the past.

Hi Christian  :) all you need to do to see if there are any replies is to click on the 'New Replies' link at the top left of the page. This will show if you have any unread replies to threads on which you are active. There's no need to wait for email notifications, which, for whatever reason, don't always come through.
Thank you Jen, I have rather tediously been going in to each feed and checking.
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 24 February 18 10:15 GMT (UK) »
JenB thanks so much for that site lines link. I've not come across that one before and even if it doesn't fit into any of my lines, it's fascinating browsing through it .
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 24 February 18 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christian,

Yes, I alerted you just prior to my entering the archives to let you know I was about to get the look up, as I noticed you were on-line and you responded.  I was able to find the marriage straightaway as I had the name of the correct Church (thanks to Boo) and the date of the marriage.  I did not know that you were expecting an additional prompt to look at your own post, at that point.

I did hang around for a good while in the hope that someone would relinquish the microfilm so I could find the additional information which you are interested in - the marriage of Jane's Mother - however, this person kept the microfilm all morning.

After, I had posted the marriage of Alexander and Jane, I waited for an acknowledgement as I could see you were still on-line.  However, after a while you went off-line.  I was very disappointed at that point and decided that as you had gone I might as well too.  If I had felt the first post had been appreciated I would have stayed at the archives longer to wait for the other microfilm to look up the other marriage.

By the way,  on a post I made on 17 February, I did state that I now felt that I would be able to get to the archives for you within the next two weeks.  Originally, I had felt I could reasonably commit to doing this look up for you within two months. I never try to be specific about a date, as in my job I often work long, unsocial hours, and I am regularly on-call, which means that I often have to do things on spec.  I was not going there anyway.  I was planning to do this for you, as I wanted to save you the expense and trouble of travelling up from London.  It appears that you must not have seen this post either which I posted on the 17th.

Twenty four hours later, after my letting you know I was about to go into the Archives, I had still not received an acknowledgement.

All I can suggest is that in future, if someone lets you know that they are minutes away from doing your look up, I would check your own post and not wait for any further prompts. :-\

Thank you anyway, for your apology.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 24 February 18 14:19 GMT (UK) »
all you need to do to see if there are any replies is to click on the 'New Replies' link at the top left of the page. This will show if you have any unread replies to threads on which you are active.

Thanks for that Jen. I learn something new everyday - though its a shame that old stuff drops out of my brain to make way for the newer stuff :-)

Boo