Author Topic: Missing McManus births  (Read 627 times)

Offline therave

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing McManus births
« on: Sunday 11 February 18 18:18 GMT (UK) »
My 2xggm was Catherine McManus born Saintfield 1856 to Henry McManus and Jane "McManus".  Two siblings born Saintfield, Mary 1854 and David 1857.

There is a marriage in 1846 of a Harold McManus to Jane Hanna, Ballynahinch which could fit but I can see no others born to this couple from then until Mary's birth in 1854. Have checked familysearch as well.

This family later lived Short Strand, Catherine m James Lundy.  Their daughter Catherine b1884 m Henry Sheils 1912.

In about 1913, Catherine Sheils is listed as the niece of and present at the death of Sophia McManus 55 yo (seen living at 8 White St 1901 with brother John, ages questionable).  Where are the baptismal records for Sophia and John?

Also, Sophia McManus is a witness to 1877 m St Matthew's RC Belfast of Hugh McManus to Mary Anne Cadden, his address Murray's Row, father Henry, aged 24.  Catherine (assuming McManus) Lundy is the sponsor of their first child, John.  Is this another sibling?  Where is his birth/baptismal record?

Am very confused.  Possibly a second marriage?  Did Henry have another first name?  Fresh eyes and any advice on how to proceed greatly appreciated.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing McManus births
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 February 18 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!