Author Topic: Success story  (Read 356 times)

Offline PurpleOwl333

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Success story
« on: Sunday 11 February 18 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Thanks to the help of fellow Roots Chat members helping to join the dots, I've recently been able to chat with previously unknown living relatives on my mum's side of the family!

One member in particular I'd like to give a loud shout out to is 'groom' who, thanks to her super sleuth abilities using the electoral roll, 1939 Register and Facebook, found a relative who has the same great-grandfather as I do (from his second marriage).

Thankfully both her and her uncle are really friendly people and responded to me right away, and I'm learning so much about that side of the family, with is wonderful. There's also a possibility I may even get to see a photo of my great-grandfather on my mother's side - something I never dreamed I'd be able to do!

So, thank you to all who've helped me, I really appreciate it!  ;D

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Success story
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 February 18 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm so pleased that I was able to help and that everything has worked out so well.

It was a stroke of luck that from the few details you were able to give, that I found the correct person in the 1939 register and that they were in the same area on the electoral register in 2002. As I told you there was another person with them and after a bit more research I discovered that person was their granddaughter! She was there in 2012 as well and because she had a fairly unusual name, I was able to find her on Facebook.

It's really nice to get a satisfactory ending, and I'm so glad that she is able to give you information about your family.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk