Author Topic: G G Grandfather obituary  (Read 908 times)

Offline ray98

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
G G Grandfather obituary
« on: Monday 12 February 18 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello was wondering if someone out there could help me please,i am looking for an obituary for Evan Hughes born 1855 Llanbeulan Anglesey,i have followed him through his years on census from 1861 to 1911 where i found him as a miner living at 57 William Street Ynyshir Glamorgan living with family of 6 in total.i have also found his death cert at same address 13-08-1935 at the age of 81 I've looked on free newspapers on line but they dint seem to cover that date any help appreciated.

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: G G Grandfather obituary
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray,

Here in Swansea the Central Library have a cabinet full of images of local newspapers which I don't recall seeing in the Welsh Newspapers Online collection.
    It may be worthwhile phoning or visiting your county library service, to see if they have a similar facility?
Also next time you sign in could you consider tweaking the subject field at the head of this thread to look something like: G G Grandfather obituary - Anglesey that might attract some additional responses.

JohnG_Swansea
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline ray98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: G G Grandfather obituary
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello JohnG thanks for your reply ref newspapers online its on the national library of wales site,i will have to see about ringing a library in ynyshir to see if they can help me as i live to far away and do not have time to visit in person as i work away a lot,i will take your advice and change the subject field thanks for your help Ray.

Offline ray98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: G Grandfather obituary Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello was wondering if someone out there could help me please,i am looking for an obituary for Evan Hughes born 1855 Llanbeulan Anglesey,i have followed him through his years on census from 1861 to 1911 where i found him as a miner living at 57 William Street Ynyshir Glamorgan living with family of 6 in total.i have also found his death cert at same address 13-08-1935 at the age of 81 I've looked on free newspapers on line but they dint seem to cover that date any help appreciated.