Author Topic: Sarah Thompson Cooper Burial Inquiry  (Read 2721 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Thompson Cooper Burial Inquiry
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you rosie99 for providing this helpful information - I will now check the Whitley Bay records first.

I am busy with work at the moment but I do hope to find the info for you, wemorin3 within the next two weeks. :)

Watch this space!  ;) :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 13:43 GMT (UK) »
I think Constance may be found in 1939 register wrongly transcribed as Constance J Read
Constance J Read   1896    Whitley Bay U.D.   Northumberland
other residents details blacked out

Rosie,
Which register are you referring to?  BTW, your dog is gorgeous!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 13:47 GMT (UK) »
The 1939 register which was used by the government for issuing ration cards and later used by the NHS. (Only available on FindMyPast)

Thanks for the dog comments, I wish he was as angelic as he looks.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 February 18 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Found her! :D

Sarah Ann Cooper was buried at Holy Cross Cemetery, Wallsend.  I have found her on microfilm no. 2032 at North Shields library.
Entry No: 2273
Wife of Fred. R.
Age 68
Place where death occurred: 121 Benton Way, Wd  (This last notation stands for Wallsend)
Burial date: 10 February 1939
Ceremony performed by: J Morton
Burial place: Section 3  Grave No: 83
Consecrated

If you don't mind waiting up to a couple more weeks, wemorin3, I will call in at Newcastle library and check if there was a possible death notice and/or memoriam notice for Sarah too.  A death notice usually gives the date of death.

There is an excellent local website called 'Margaret Hall Genealogy' which you can google.  On this site you will be able to find the cemetery map for Holy Cross.

Best Wishes :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 February 18 23:59 GMT (UK) »

Sarah Ann Cooper was buried at Holy Cross Cemetery, Wallsend.  I have found her on microfilm no. 2032 at North Shields library.
Wife of Fred. R.
Age 68
Place where death occurred: 121 Benton Way, Wd  (This last notation stands for Wallsend)
Consecrated

If you don't mind waiting up to a couple more weeks, wemorin3, I will call in at Newcastle library and check if there was a possible death notice and/or memoriam notice for Sarah too.  A death notice usually gives the date of death.

There is an excellent local website called 'Margaret Hall Genealogy' which you can google.  On this site you will be able to find the cemetery map for Holy Cross.

Thank you for looking this up but I'm concerned it may be the wrong person.  Sarah was married to Joseph Cooper, who died in 1908.  Ugh, I think I may have received bad information.

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 16 February 18 00:26 GMT (UK) »

Wife of Fred. R.
Age 68
Consecrated

There was a Sarah Cooper who is listed in the England & Wales Deaths in Q4 1932 at Vol 10B, page 288, who also died in Tynemouth, Northumberland.  How can I find out the information regarding this listing?  Thank you.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 16 February 18 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Oh, well mistakes can happen.  I did start to wonder myself on thinking about this, as this 'Sarah' is listed as the wife of rather than the widow in this record.

Don't worry, wemorin3,  at some point within the next two weeks I will be able look again for this other Sarah who you think may be your Great Grandmother.  We may well find her yet.   :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 February 18 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I have just tried all the local cemeteries in North Tyneside and Earsdon Church burials and have not been to locate Sarah 1932 death.  I am not infallible so if any one wishes to re-check, this can only be a good thing.

You may need someone who could access Blyth records or contact the burial services at North Tyneside.

I have found Constance but as she died fairly recently in 1979 I don't know if I am permitted to display this publicly so will send you a pm.

Best Wishes

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 February 18 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought - do you think there may have been any possibility of Sarah being returned to be buried with husband Joseph? 

If so, it may be worth putting out another post on the relevant board to locate Joseph.