Author Topic: Qualmann  (Read 4891 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Qualmann
« Reply #27 on: Monday 09 April 18 06:03 BST (UK) »
I agree with Sashar re pronouncing the surname : Colman v Qualmann.   I see the marriage was in 1892, in South Australia.    I speculate that like in the other Australian colonies, South Australia's clergy collected and filled out the information that was forwarded to SA's BDM based on the info they had collected when interviewing the couple prior to marriage.    I suspect the spelling is the clergy's choice, based on his verbal questions and their verbal responses.  The only written document that either the bride or groom may have needed to provide would be written consent to marry if either were not yet 21 years of age. 

I see Mrs GAGHEN's maiden names indexed under various spellings including : Clara Emma QUALLMANN for births of their children at the following link:
https://www.genealogysa.org.au/resources/online-databases.html

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 09 April 18 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Thank you   ,life seemed very hard for them, on the  originate  death cetificate  would
It state what he died of ? I think Clare fib on her marriage Certificate as she was born 1874 but yes Colman is easier  to say than Qualmann and correct the person doing it  again I appreciate your time  and help cheers 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 09 April 18 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Adelaide Hill,

The Lutheran Archives located in Adelaide might be able to assist with actual church records. 

http://www.lca.org.au/departments/ministry-support/lutheran-archives/

There are modest fees for their services if you visit or do things externally. 

I visited the Archives a few years ago and had them print out a complete list of indexed records for my German family and I went from there to seeks the actual records via the archivist.

Very helpful.

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 09 April 18 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Adelaide Hills,

The following should be on a 1916 Sth Australian death certificate.   The information provided depends on who the informant was, so it's possible sections could be left blank.   I'm not sure if these records are able to be viewed at a Library etc - another Rootschatter may be able to help you with that...........Sashar

1908-1947
Date and Place of Death
Name
Sex
Usual Residence
Birthplace
Length of Residence in Commonwealth
Age at Marriage 
Number of Issue Living and Deceased
Cause of Death
Place of Death
Informant
Researching:
Ireland: Farrelly, Brady, Bourke/Burke & poss Smyth/Smith, Connor
Scotland: Paterson, MacGregor, Graham
Derbyshire:  Richardson, Bryer
Germany/Prussia:  Hein, Nuske, Milich, Baum
Australia: Farrelly, Paterson, Richardson, Hein, Milich, Smith/Smyth

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 09 April 18 12:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you it was just a "maybe'  but that is o.k. one door closes another opens  ,cheers 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 09 April 18 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi the Lutheran sounds good is there a place in  Melbourne  that is the same that I could use Thank you cheers 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 09 April 18 13:35 BST (UK) »

I think the Lutheran Archives in Adelaide hold records for for all of Australia, I don't know what might be available in Melbourne.  Maybe consider emailing or phoning the Lutheran Archives them to find out how they could help.

My ancestors came from Mecklenburg-Schwerin to South Australia as well, have you found your Qualmann and Bannow ancestors on the 1819  Mecklenburg-Schwerin Census.

Gerry

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 09 April 18 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hi  there, which ship did your ancestors  come to Adelaide  on?  yep  Friedrich G. Ludwig and Sophia M   Elizabeth  Bannow are related through Son Johann H  C. and Sophia M.M Waldhauer their daughter was my Grandmother.  Small world when you start  talking to people cheers  "Happy  Hills" 😆😆😆😆😆

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 05:46 BST (UK) »
Hi There, Have been putting  the Qualmann Family together  a problem with Johana Maria Elizabeth born 28-05-1865 to Johann Carl Heinrich and Sophia Maria Waldhauer  I found that she was married to George Mansbridge 2-2-1886 a big deal in trove but when he died no mention of a wife only there children. Have been looking at Diggers (we are going to lose this from the library as they can't update it to the latest techknowlege. ) I don't know where she died. Also her sister Auguste Caroline Johanna born 29-10-1868. The rest of the family I have found  the husbands and wives. Any thoughts  thank you cheers Gail