Author Topic: Family Tree Combination photo album  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Bilcor1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family Tree Combination photo album
« on: Tuesday 13 February 18 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi
is there a company in UK that can  put a family tree in an album up to 8 generations
Thanks
Bilcor1

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Combination photo album
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Likely any company who offers printing...I found this https://www.bonusprint.co.uk/inspiration-books/family-tree
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Bilcor1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Iluleah what I meant was putting my ancestry file into an album so I don't have to type everything
Bilcor1

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 16:15 GMT (UK) »
It all depends on the amount of detail you want in your printout.

The website has some simple printing options. There's a little printer icon on the left hand side of the tree view, and a Print option under Tools when in the Profile view.

I find that a paper version is more awkward to use than an electronic one. If all you want is parents, grandparents great grandparents etc., then it may be feasible, but once you bring in siblings and cousins, you can use a LOT of paper.

As an example, I generated a descendancy box chart of one of my 6xgreat grandfathers (spouses and children only, 10 generations), and with each box showing dates and places of birth, marriage and death, the resulting print would take 18 sheets of A0 paper. There are about 1000 people shown.

Of course, should I find another sibling, all that would be out of date and another tenner's worth of paper and ink would be needed.

Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Bilcor1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes I see what you mean, my grandchild wants a family album of starting with their child and going back on both her and her husband's sides so will need to see if she wants siblings or just parents and grandparents etc which would be easier