Author Topic: Margaret Barbara Christina Wood  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Barbara Christina Wood
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 February 18 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lucy2. Hans Prebensen would be Barbara Frances Honor Wood's brother-in-law. Okay she in 1928 - not 1926?

... Mmm ... but you are looking for the WOOD child (so the Hans PREBENSEN info isn't really all that relevant in this particular search.)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 February 18 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ashley

I don't know if you are aware ... there are quite a number of "family trees" for Christopher Harvey and Margaret BANFIELD at the ancestry website.   Unfortunately none seem to have much useful info about their daughter Barbara.    ???

~  Lu

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 February 18 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't know what happened to William Wood. He wasn't buried with Barbara so he must've left where they were living. It seems out of all the Banfield family - Barbara was the only one who had any children.
"With time, persistance and help, we can fill in all the missing pieces of the puzzle."

Offline minniehaha

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 February 18 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't know what happened to William Wood. He wasn't buried with Barbara so he must've left where they were living. It seems out of all the Banfield family - Barbara was the only one who had any children.

Possible remarriage for William WOOD.........

1928*/4919   Emily   Collins   William   Wood

Actual date of marriage- 2.11.1928. [Barbara Frances Honor WOOD died on 1.6.1928]

OR:

1934/7321   Catherine Lillias   Piper   William   Wood   

OR:

1930/8949   Iris Ellen   Rice   William   Wood   

Minniehaha.
HAMMOND, Cainham/Caynham, Shropshire, U.K. Otago-NZ.
GALBRAITH, Ireland, Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Kensington-London, U.K.
GRANT, Sct., Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Vancouver, Canada.
GLASS, Aberdeenshire, Otago-NZ.
CAIRNEY/CARNEY/KEARNEY/Ireland, Airdrie, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
O'BRIEN Mary Ann, Limerick, Otago-NZ.
NICOL(L) James, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
SCOTT Thomas, Shetland, Otago-NZ.
MCHARDY/MCHARDIE Euphemia, Scotland, Otago-NZ.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:33 GMT (UK) »

I have doing research on the Banfield/Wood side of my family tree. After a long time researching I found Margaret Barbara Christina Wood - she was the daughter of Barbara Frances Honor Wood (nee Banfield) and William Wood - .....

Hi Ashley

I'm a bit puzzled about who exactly it is you are researching here  ???    Although I acknowledge that in this particular thread, your focus is on finding out more about the child Margaret Barbara Christina WOOD.

So, you have no information on William WOOD (other than from Marriage index), and little info on Barbara Frances Honor BANFIELD  (birth / marriage / cemetery information)  ???

But then you've said that it seems "that Barbara was the only one who had any children ... "

*   Does that mean that Barbara had a child or children other than the Margaret B. C. WOOD b. 1917.   ???

*   Why is there a "BANFIELD / WOOD" side to your family tree ??   (Or is this just an offshoot of your "tree" ?? )

I have some further information (BANFIELD / WOOD) to follow :

~  Lu                                                                                see next > >

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Here are snippets for the marriage of Barbara BANFIELD to William WOOD.

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TAIDT19151221.2.10

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TAIDT19151221.2.6

Both were from the settlement of Ohutu (near Taihape) ... the bride's parents are named, but not those of the groom.
[Maybe William WOOD was not "a native" of that locality ??  In the account of the wedding it says that the groom {William} was attended by Mr John ROSS, an old schoolmate of the bride. ]

~ Lu                                                                        continues next  > >

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:57 GMT (UK) »
... think you said earlier that Barbara was living at Oroua ??

Actually, she was listed in the Oroua Electorate ... but her place of residence (1919 to 1928) was always given as "Ohutu".  [Likewise her parents, Christopher H. and Margaret, lived at Ohutu before their deaths in the mid-1920's. ]
Ohutu is about 10kms from Taihape and abt. 2km from Utiku.   (The Oroua electorate was large and included parts of Manawatu through to Taihape.)

In looking at electoral rolls, I didn't find Barbara sharing an address with her husband William WOOD.      AND the reason for that, would seem to relate to the following Court appearance >   see next post >

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 February 18 00:07 GMT (UK) »
William WOOD :

Court appearance at Stratford (Taranaki) :

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/STEP19180410.2.7

^    Whilst the wife in this article is not named, it does seem more likely than not, that the William WOOD (living at the small settlement of Ohutu), was the person who was married to Barbara (nee BANFIELD).

see following >  >

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 18 February 18 00:18 GMT (UK) »

... this further link re:  Court appearance at Stratford  :

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TDN19180411.2.12

Mentions that "a middle-aged man named WOOD" ....   to appear again at Court in  Taihape ?

Haven't been able to find "the next Court appearance" .. nor any further details of this William WOOD. 

Still looking.

~  Lu