Author Topic: Margaret Barbara Christina Wood  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
Margaret Barbara Christina Wood
« on: Wednesday 14 February 18 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,

I have doing research on the Banfield/Wood side of my family tree. After a long time researching I found Margaret Barbara Christina Wood - she was the daughter of Barbara Frances Honor Wood (nee Banfield) and William Wood - and she was the granddaughter of Christopher Harvey Banfield and his wife Margaret.
Her mother Barbara was buried in Raetihi Cemetery and I believe had lived in Oroua. Her grandfather was buried in Taihape and her grandmother was buried in Ohakune.
Margaret Wood was also related to Hans Prebensen http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=782130.0,

Any information about Margaret Barbara Christina Wood would be terrific.

Warmest regards,

Ashley
"With time, persistance and help, we can fill in all the missing pieces of the puzzle."

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Barbara Christina Wood
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ashley,

Do you have some dates please?

Cheers Janette

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Oh yes sorry - Margaret Barbara Wood was born in 1917. Her mother Barbara was born in 1895.
"With time, persistance and help, we can fill in all the missing pieces of the puzzle."

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Would have been helpful too, to know that Barbara Frances (Francis) Honor WOOD died in 1928.   ;)

*   Was Margaret her only child ??

*   Margaret only 11 or so when her mother died, was she taken in by another family ... or adopted ??

~ Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 22:25 GMT (UK) »
... should have pointed out that I asked the previous questions re: Margaret, because I hadn't found a marriage in NZ for her, nor any listing on electoral rolls.
Certainly, she could have "dropped" both or either of her middle christian names ... and that makes the task of finding her, just that little bit more difficult.

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 22:31 GMT (UK) »

Margaret Wood was also related to Hans Prebensen http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=782130.0,

Any information about Margaret Barbara Christina Wood would be terrific.

Warmest regards,

Ashley

Hi Ashley

*    Can you please explain the nature of the relationship between Margaret WOOD (the elder, is it? )  and Hans PREBENSEN  .... because it doesn't seem to have been made obvious in the thread for which you have given a link ??

~  Lu

Edited to add :  Searching further at PapersPast (because the thread above ^ does not "exactly spell" out the relationship - or connection) ... I see there is an In Memorium notice for Jane PREBENSEN ... only sister of Barbara WOOD ...  [Source:  "Taihape Times" - 27 May 1918 ].     ???

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,

I have doing research on the Banfield/Wood side of my family tree. After a long time researching I found Margaret Barbara Christina Wood - she was the daughter of Barbara Frances Honor Wood (nee Banfield) and William Wood - .....

... and by "found" do you mean you found her birth registration ...  or something more ??

*   Also, what became the father / husband - William WOOD ??

~  Lu

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 February 18 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lucy2. Hans Prebensen would be Barbara Frances Honor Wood's brother-in-law. Okay she in 1928 - not 1926? I believe Barbara one daughter - I went to the cemetery to find Barbara's grave but there was no headstone, so I cannot confirm this.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 February 18 00:42 GMT (UK) »
*  What became of William WOOD (husband of Barbara) ??