Author Topic: Questions - Still undecided about creating a tree on Ancestry following DNA test  (Read 2419 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hull Packet 25th July 1815 "both of that place"
    • View Profile
Re: Questions - Still undecided about creating a tree on Ancestry following DNA test
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 01 March 18 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello All

I smiled, at the reference to a test tree online, with imaginary people, because I wonder how long it would be, before someone had the imaginary tree linked to them and purporting it to be the gospel truth.  ;D

What you could do is start a tree with a few real or imaginary people and then see if people can see it.

Regarding the original post question ...

If I got a DNA match, I would want to be contact with them, or vice versa, because perhaps my brickwall ancestor 232 years ago had a Brother and a document they traced back to of the Brother, has a reference to my ancestor. Rather than them simply copy bits of my tree they were unaware of, or see my tree and say nothing.

If I came across a tree which I thought might assist on a link, I'd still want to check out the image/s of the original, or the document for myself.

Mark
"George HOOD of Selby" Before 1812?

Born about 1785 (Yorkshire per 1841 Census)

Married Sarah RUSSELL at Selby 1815 newspaper - "both of that place".

Buried in the Quaker Burial Ground at Selby as "Not in Membership" in 1845, aged 60 years.

George HOOD of Selby was refused Membership of the Quakers in 1836.

Elected Overseer of the Poor of Selby in 1838.

Had both known (Selby) and unknown (some not stated 1846) property interests.

Possible (but unknown) links to COOK and/or PEARSON names.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.